Looking into buying a Bergans Lavvo 4/6

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Hey everyone on this splendid forum,

I was doing some research as we were planning to purchase a Bergans Lavvo 4 to 6 person tent.
Which probably is more likely to be a 3 person tent with a nice amount of storage space ^^.

Does anyone of you have any experience with these specific tents and do you guys have positive or negative reflections to offer me upon my tent choice ^^
Also one thing, the footprint wasnt included, I was planning on purchasing the stock one which was about 120 euros in the netherlands any tips on that? and do you suspect it would work with a standard bell mosquito net with minor alterations?

Yours sincerely
And thanks in advance for the insight and advice

Ruud

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
I am planning on doing exactly the same thing in the next day or two. There are some reviews on YouTube and also a good blog report from some guys who maintain mountain footpaths if you google it.
Like you, I'd love to hear from someone on here who owns and has used one though.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
I'v had the 4-6 man for a while now, i like it

cant think of much to say, it does what its s'posed to without fuss.......cant help on the ground sheet either as i didnt bother getting one.

*edit
When i first got mine i thought the seperate rain "cap" was rubbish and wished i'd have gone for a one piece design
But after a good bit of use (and learning to leave it tied in place when packing the tent up) i'v come to really like it for ventilation, moving the stove around, and letting the light in....i may make a canvas one as a first sewing project if i ever get round it, just to be more flue friendly

Last edited:

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
I'v had the 4-6 man for a while now, i like it

cant think of much to say, it does what its s'posed to without fuss.......cant help on the ground sheet either as i didnt bother getting one.

Excellent. Thanks. I also love the "can't think of much to say" so you say it twice....lol!

Topcat1308

Tenderfoot
Feb 9, 2011
Wirral
Hi beachlover,

i I started a new thread the other day on similar lines, have you looked at any of the helsport lavvus?

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
I have a Bergans and really like it. I pack it in a sleeping bag sized dry bag so I can even backpack with it!

I put the fly and pegs (smaller than standard) in a plce side pocket and the pole slides behind the plce and into the wand pocket of my L.A sting
Obviously not a backpacking tent but perfectly haulable if theres two of you

farfoodle

Forager
May 2, 2013
Oxfordshire
I also have one of these smaller Bergans lavvus and think it's pretty nifty. I have the floor as well, and it's pretty good to be fair - feels quite durable. I agree with Mr Sunndog that the top hat is a pain when you first start using it, but gets easier to set up with a bit of practice. I'd be interested to find out how you get on with your bell tent mosquito net inner mod, that said, I haven't really had any mozzie problems with this tent ...yet!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE