Looking for TV-documentary. Help.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
Some years (I guess 8-10) ago there was a documentary on one of the Discovery-ish channels (don't remember which).
It was abaout a kind of challenge in the australian bush where a aboriginal man and a white man was to walk from across Australia (or at least from one place to another). If I remember it correctly the white guy, who apparantly was well equiped and experienced, nearly died, while the aboriginal guy did very well (as expected) with nothing more than a walking stick and a small beltpouch with som bits'n pieces.
It was a interesting programme, and it has lurked in my mind ever since. Now I have been searching for a few days, but can't find it anywhere on the web.
Anyone on here knows what I'm looking for and perhaps got a link or somthing to help me on the way?

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
I remember something similar, it was a group of Australian SAS and a group of locals, going from point a to b, but no idea of the name of the program only it was on terrestrial as I have never had Sky or cable.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Gah, ringing bells but can't remember the name.

Definitely remember when the military teaming being introduced and atleast one was special forces.

Also the military crossing a river, sort of brute force straight line approach rather than going around?

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
The programme I'm refering to dis not involve any military personel. It was just the aboriginal man and the white guy (he might have been ex-army or something, but on the programme he was civilian).
I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but I think it was 4 or 5 episodes.

I have tried to contact Discovery, but they have not answered my inquiry.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE