Looking for trousers with a 29 inch leg

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
(I couldn't find a thread asking this already, but sure it must have been covered......)

I'm trying to find winter trousers with a 29 inch leg (36 waist) but can't see any out there that are suitable for bushcraft. Any recomendations?

I'm Looking for something along the lines of the Fjallraven Keb Trousers - Black. Because of my shapley (but manly) shape I'm struggling to find anything that isn't far too long in the leg.

TIA

henchy3rd

Settler
Apr 16, 2012
Derby
(I couldn't find a thread asking this already, but sure it must have been covered......)

I'm trying to find winter trousers with a 29 inch leg (36 waist) but can't see any out there that are suitable for bushcraft. Any recomendations?

I'm Looking for something along the lines of the Fjallraven Keb Trousers - Black. Because of my shapley (but manly) shape I'm struggling to find anything that isn't far too long in the leg.

TIA
Lol..gents with manly proportions may struggle. how’s bout a 30inch leg(which are common) but use chunky braces to hold up.... you could look like grandad used to.
I’m in good shape.. round is a shape isn’t it?

Reactions: ChrisTheHelp

fenix

Forager
Jul 8, 2008
Kent
Rohan do 36 waist and a short (29) leg. I always pick their stuff up in the sales.
Other option is buy longer trousers and get them taken up. Have noticed an increase in places offering alterations, online price is around £15 to shorten trousers. Or get the sewing kit out.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
5.11 TDU can be found quite cheap, they have short leg option and a good waist system. They come in Poly twill, poly ripstop or taclite. Very good quality, I have 5+? pairs now.
The only niggles are, I found they are not great for mountain climbing (not enough freedom of movement) and the pockets work better if you add a good quality press stud in addition to the velcro. They will work well with a thermal or merino underlayer. If you want a more modern style look at the stryke versions, lots more colours but cost more.

Rohan do 36 waist and a short (29) leg. I always pick their stuff up in the sales.
Other option is buy longer trousers and get them taken up. Have noticed an increase in places offering alterations, online price is around £15 to shorten trousers. Or get the sewing kit out.
Excellent, I'll take a look. I've had Rohan in the past for other stuff and liked them.

As Toddy says, Craghoppers do S,R & L legs on all their waist sizes and S is 29"

They have a sale on at the moment - their winter lined Kiwi Pro trousers are £49 (but that is more than from ebay).

Kiwi Pro II Winter Lined Trouser - Black | Craghoppers
Funny you should say that.... I ordered a pair just before Christmas. They fit ok but wow, they're wide at the bottom. I'm going to send them back or use them as a sail on my canoe! :)

Reactions: Broch
5.11 TDU can be found quite cheap, they have short leg option and a good waist system. They come in Poly twill, poly ripstop or taclite. Very good quality, I have 5+? pairs now.
The only niggles are, I found they are not great for mountain climbing (not enough freedom of movement) and the pockets work better if you add a good quality press stud in addition to the velcro. They will work well with a thermal or merino underlayer. If you want a more modern style look at the stryke versions, lots more colours but cost more.

Thanks Lostplanet, I'll take a look. I have stuff or climbing up mountains by need something harder wearing for in the forest etc. Thanks again.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
In my days of 38" waist (now 28" - 32" depending on the maker) I struggled to find suitable 28" leg trousers ... so I learned to use a sewing machine!
This took me to Art college and an OND in Fashion Design, a time spent designing for firms like Craghoppers and then a series of DIY booklets covering clothing and equipment ... and now I make most of my own clothing and no longer have an issue with the "Tall b'stard" clothing dictators.
Turn a problem into a positive! :) All my gear fits me just as I want it, has all the features I want (and none that I don't want), in colours I want and no unwanted logos on them!
If I do buy clothing it is usually from charity shops when I see something that is just ideal or needs very little alteration - I do not need to pay big bucks for clothing that is merely "OK" :)

Reactions: DocG

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent

TIA
I have 29 inch legs, and buy from Rohan, they have a whole range on winter clothing

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
The Keela heritage trousers are nice trousers and come in a short leg. Annoyingly I'm 29.5" leg so 29" is too short, 30" a tad too long.

The Keela heritage trousers are nice trousers and come in a short leg. Annoyingly I'm 29.5" leg so 29" is too short, 30" a tad too long.
Aha, I feel your pain. :-( LOVE Keela stuff though, I use it for work all the time. I hadn't thought of their Heritafe stuff. Evidently this was the right place to ask! Cheers Scoman

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Aha, I feel your pain. :-( LOVE Keela stuff though, I use it for work all the time. I hadn't thought of their Heritafe stuff. Evidently this was the right place to ask! Cheers Scoman
They're comfortable trousers but I did find they shrunk a tad, ironically in length. They have a nice wee saw pocket on the right hand leg. I would say their waist sizes are a tad optimistic too.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Not when its a 5 hour journey, two ferries and more than the price of a new pair of trousers to do it! :)
:lol:

Will these help ... 36 x 29 cargo workpants ... Wrightwear and Carhartt (Columbia, etc, etc) do every size combination imaginable

Last edited:
:lol:

Will these help ... 36 x 29 cargo workpants ... Wrightwear and Carhartt (Columbia, etc, etc) do every size combination imaginable

Execllent! Orderd some Keela Scuffer trousers the other day. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE