Looking for the poem about dogs in heaven

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
need some help guys, the search thingy isn't helping me :(

someone on here posted a wonderful poem about the dogs in heaven waiting for their masters to join them.

can anyone find it for me ?

ta

robbi

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
need some help guys, the search thingy isn't helping me :(

someone on here posted a wonderful poem about the dogs in heaven waiting for their masters to join them.

can anyone find it for me ?

ta

robbi

Hi Robbi,

it was me who posted it, here's the link http://rainbowsbridge.com/poem.htm

Was a bit more internet sentimental than I usually 'am but it struck a cord for my loss.

I hope you've not had bad news?

Goatboy.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hope it helps, it was a female friend of mine who lost her pal just before I did who showed it to me. It helped her a lot. I hope your wifes pal is OK it really does hit home.
GB.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Oh now I've just read the Rainbow Bridge one and it's just as sad....let's hope it's the way it really is....:)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Tell me about it, it's brought it all backagain. Sitting here blubbing like a baby. Hell I didn't cry like this for human family. But then I loved my dog and he loved me. Human family Pffttt.

GB.

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
This thread takes me back about 18 months ago when i lost my beloved Lurcher and best friend Oz, i was a complete mess.
Poems like Rainbow Bridge, and the 'Tribute to a dog' speech by George Graham Vest that made history, and a lot of the poems on www.petloss.com can seem to help you through this terrible time, check out the 'I'm Still Here' poem (author unknown) if you can find it, a real choker, things like this help you to get your grief out.

Marco1981

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 18, 2011
Orkney
When my time comes, and I am standing at those big fabled gates, if my truest friends that I have lost over the years arent there to greet and slobber all over me, I am not going in. Simple as.

Last edited:

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
hahaha i only have to mention the rainbow bridge and Fionn bursts into tears. made her a notepad cover with our dog peaking over a rainbow and she started crying because of the poem was a great moment indeed! cheers i think i will sneakily print out the poem and put it up somewhere for her to find :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE