Looking for some advice. :)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 2, 2013
Manchester
I've started making my own knives recently and I'm looking for some feed back and other peoples opinions of my work.
I started with a 10 cm stainless karesuando blade blank and added an old piece of garden decking to make the handle. All oiled up and shiny with a good coat of tung oil. However, I didnt have a bolster. So, I made my own out of a 2 pence coin. Adding this to a pre-made leather sheath, which I pyrographed with a soldering iron to say 'AWOL' in viking runes. (I liked the idea and it looks kool)

photo.php

The second knife I made I started with a 7 inch bladed no-name bowie blade blank (much larger then I expected) and made the handle out of bog oak, again all shaped and oiled up to keep it fresher for longer. And the sheath was also pre-made/bought.

photo.php

photo.php

If anybody has any feed back it would be much appreciated as I'd like to get good enough at this to make a few bob on the side. ;)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Welcome to the forum..........good that you're making stuff and looking for feedback, that's the way to progress, but there's a saying on here that goes "no photo's, it didn't happen!". This is somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but for feedback on your work and skills you really do need to post up some pics for folk to have an idea of what you're up to. Look forward to seeing them, ....................atb, mac

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE