looking for decent tent with amry camp bed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 12, 2017
Cornwall
Hi all, I am looking for a good tent that I can set up a army cap bed in, so it must have a bit of head room to accommodate the cot and myself, looking for a 3 man tent just for myself.

Cheers

Apr 12, 2017
Cornwall
I have the khyam igloo and the lareger khyam xl xxxl tents, I am looking for something around £200 or under, I do like the Snugpak scorpion 3 and the bunker but I would have to forgo the cot, the only thing about the snugpak's are that they look quite dark inside, I have not seen one in person, can't find a local dealer in cornwall selling the these tents.
I want fairly lightweight 3 - 4 season.
I am 6 foot tall so either a tent that I can stand in and have a small porch where I can do a brew,
Or forgo standing but would like to be able to make a brew in the entrance with a little bit of protection, (think this rules out the Bunker) other than that, I couls attatch a tarp over the front of the tent, for added cover.

Dec 10, 2015
South Wales
Bergans lavvo 4 to 6. Will fit the bed easy it has head room inside and doesn't break your back at 5kg its a mountain tent so can take a beating from the weather.

Apr 12, 2017
Cornwall
Right it's going to be a Snugpak 3, just need a good warm sleeping bag that can open up as a duvet if needed, pack up small but doesn't cost a fortune, I was thinking of the forces modular system but don't really get on with the mummy system

hughtrimble

Jan 23, 2012
UK/France
Right it's going to be a Snugpak 3, just need a good warm sleeping bag that can open up as a duvet if needed, pack up small but doesn't cost a fortune, I was thinking of the forces modular system but don't really get on with the mummy system

Suggest a separate thread perhaps as it's now about sleeping bags?

A small point on the modular system - it won't qualify for the 'pack up small' unless it's only the summer bag you're taking.

As with many things outdoorsy, you can only really have a combination of two of these things:

Warm
Packs small
Cheap

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Vango Banshee 200 or 300 might be worth a look. I have the 200, it's a very up close and cozy for two though. Pack size and weight is pretty good, ideal for one and plenty sit up room. Dual doors so you can have a brew out of the windy side.

This link is for the 300, plenty room in there at under 3kgs.

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/vango-banshee-300-tent-p140013

Have a look at the 200 if it's just for you. My only concern if you're on a cot, is the swept down foot area.

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
Vango Banshee 300 looks good, as I said earlier, I might have to rethink the camp bed and go for decent padding underneath.

If youre going this route, check the HD range of the above, also Decathlon, and Slumit Flashframe tents........

(HD range on the Blacks of Greenock website)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE