looking for a small penkife - none locking sub 3"

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Big fan of my UKPK but would like to get something smaller for a backup. I do like the style of Spiderco knives particularly the style of opener.

idealy I want it 'UK legal' i.e. none locking with a sub 3 inch blade but fold down smaller than 3 inches

not realy after a SAK although it might be my fallback position if I cant find anything more suitable.

anyone have any suggestions?

cheers

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Or one of Bushwacker Bobs lovely handmades!

However this is my Trevor Ablett - I love it!

495025798_e6ffc22111_o.jpg

Red

Take a look at the Buck "Muskrat", its newest incarnation, which is made in China, costs about $25.00 (about12 pounds I think) has blade lengths of about 2.75 inches. It has a nice pointy long clip blade and a long spey blade, non-locking and made fron type 420 stainless steel so it holds a good edge and is not too hard to sharpen.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Those Trevor Ablett's look very nice but I was hoping for something in the same style but with a lanyard attachment

sploing

Tenderfoot
Oct 3, 2006
Manchester
Theyr'e not pretty but if you're going for utilitarian I'd suggest one of the climbing folders made by Petzl like the large Spatha, it's a folder but the blade stays quite solidly open through friction and the large one has a 3" blade exaclty, the smaller one is serrated and mostly useless other than for cutting rope if a hurry:eek: . I have one to use at work and when I'm climbing and given it was made by a company that doesn't really 'do' knives it easily keeps a shaving sharp edge, I believe it's O1 steel too although don't quote me on that. Mine cost me 12.50 pounds (stupid american keyboard, can't do pound signs)
http://www.kayaksandpaddles.co.uk/canoe/kayak/uk/shop/productpages/equipmnt/rescue-kit.htm
(I've never used this site etc. just the first place I found a picture)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE