looking for a particular TV (film?) drama

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
It was years ago now and I've no idea who the main actor was but it might have been one of the Fox's:confused: Anyway it was set either in the first or second world war period and I think was some sort of spy caper, not unlike "The 39 Steps".

The "main man" was being pursued by the "baddies" and ended up living in a badger sett or other underground den he had found and turned into a hide. The only other detail I remember, was that he rigged up a rather big catapult inside, with which he shot ( I think!) a poker, hitting and really upsetting, one of the people chasing him.

All a bit vague, and it might even have been an old VHS tape I watched, now I come to think about it but if anyone can shed any light on the above, I'd be very much obliged;)

Cheers

Steve

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Never fails! If you want to find an answer to the most vague question, just ask on here.;)

Sadly, it would seem that it was Peter O'Toole's passing away that jogged my memory of this film in the first place:(

All I need to do now is trace a copy of the film!

Thanks to all who responded:)

Steve

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I have it on DVD somewhere. It wasn't a great print from film to DVD and having similar great memories was slightly disappointed by the film. I'll look it out for you to borrow if you can't find it anywhere. Very sad to see the great O Toole cross the bar.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE