Looking for a good alternative to the British Army zip up 'sas' Bivi....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MertzMan

Settler
Apr 25, 2012
Cambs and Lincs
Hi all,
I'm after a zip up bivi that's on the large side, with room for a 90L bag and myself at 6 foot 4.

I've had the British Army hooped Bivi in the past and really rated it as a bit of kit. I'm looking for something that's as close as possible to it but without the DPM print... Any ideas?

I'd settle for the same again at a push but I'm really trying to move away from camo but Olive Green is perfect. There seem to be alot of them marked with 'sas' and no NSN which i find a little odd to say the least, but that is a side issue anyway given I'm trying to find an alternative to it!

Last edited:

Greek1983

Forager
Jan 23, 2011
Athens, Greece
I think Arktis still makes their hooped bivibag in Olive Green. I've seen the US distributor's catalog and sell it for US$449.

Otherwise prepare to break the bank and look into Terra Nova's Saturn, Carinthia's Observer Plus or the "civvie" X-Tour Protector.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
If you're thinking about throwing a bit ohf cash at it you couldn't do better than a Hilleberg Atko. LINK. As light as most bivvies, A lot stronger, you can sit up and lie down in it - even with a pack in there with you and even has enough of a porch to cook in. Will last for years, my Hille is about 14 - 15 years old and still looks like new.

MertzMan

Settler
Apr 25, 2012
Cambs and Lincs
Looks interesting. Certainly the only one within my budget so far and it appears quite roomy. Thanks for sharing that.

How about the Terra Nova Saturn? Could be a squeeze though and mega expensive: http://www.terra-nova.co.uk/tarps-bivis-bothies/all-bivis-bivi-bags/saturn-bivi/
Price aside that is perfect! I may have to change my requirements or my budget tho!

I think Arktis still makes their hooped bivibag in Olive Green. I've seen the US distributor's catalog and sell it for US$449.

Otherwise prepare to break the bank and look into Terra Nova's Saturn, Carinthia's Observer Plus or the "civvie" X-Tour Protector.
Looks stunning, but sadly abit out of my budget!

If you're thinking about throwing a bit ohf cash at it you couldn't do better than a Hilleberg Atko. LINK. As light as most bivvies, A lot stronger, you can sit up and lie down in it - even with a pack in there with you and even has enough of a porch to cook in. Will last for years, my Hille is about 14 - 15 years old and still looks like new.
I do love kit that will last a life time but sadly, this is again out of my budget range for now.

I should have specified I'm on a bit of a budget in my OP, apologies, about £100 max is what I can work with. There have been some stunning bits of kit suggested tho for which I'm grateful.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE