looking for a first aid kit storage box

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
as i am sat here surrounded by kit for a family excursion tomorrow i realise that the first aid kit is only a small pouch-ideal for me on my own or possibly with one mate but not what i want to have with a couple of kids with me
i'm looking for something sturdy, not massive but big enough to fit all the usual first aid supplies plus bits for blisters, various plasters for kids accidents and the such like.
i would prefer an army surplus style as i have managed to break the HSE compliant ones in the past
contents aren't vital but if the recommendation has them then i won't disregard it
any suggestions folks?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
One of those clip-lock tubs would work Sam, I prefer a softer package though and cram my stuff into an Aloksak. Scissors getting wedged in between all the other bits.

Wolfman Zack

Sep 12, 2012
US
The older ALICE era US military IFAK box is very good, the pouch that held it not so much.

I have put the hard plastic liner box inside of a newer MOLLE pouch and am very pleased with the arangement.

I hope this helps, though I'm not sure how common US surplus items are in Britain.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
i had one of the ALICE ifak's good but not big enough for a family's worth of first aid items

The ALICE or MOLLE ones (usually intended as an Individual kit rather than a group kit) aren't the only surplus ones on the market. E-bay USA has a large selection (and I suspect so does e-bay UK) you would likely need to replace many of the contents as out of date.

An earlier poster's reccomendation of a fisherman's plastic fly box reminded me that the paramedics used to use larger takle boxes as the basis for building their response kits. I imagine one of the smaller ones might work well if you plan on stocking it yourself. There are an infinite number of sizes available.

You might even make it more usable by using 2 smaller boxes to better organise/segregate the items and then keep them together in one place by placing them together into a single pouch/bag.

Last edited:

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Im only jesting mate. You can never carry to much stuff to fix you and yours. I would say stags breath almost certainly qualifies and will be included in my new first aid tantalus :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE