Looking for a container for me survival kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Geoffrey

Forager
Oct 3, 2004
Maine
Hi guys, I have been searching for a container to put my personal surival kit in. I have a Maxpedition single sheath I hope to find a container that will fit in this. The link shows the sheath. http://www.maxpedition.com/product/product_sheath_single.htm
I need something 4" to 6" long and max 2" wide and 3/4" to 1" tall.

Anyone have any ideas? I have looked at several stores and have not found anything that size.

Thanks for your help.

Geoff.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Geoffrey said:
Hi guys, I have been searching for a container to put my personal surival kit in. I have a Maxpedition single sheath I hope to find a container that will fit in this. The link shows the sheath. http://www.maxpedition.com/product/product_sheath_single.htm

Anyone have any ideas? I have looked at several stores and have not found anything that size.

Thanks for your help.

Geoff.
Geoffrey,

Maxpedition stuff is great isn't it? My "possibles" bag is an M2 waistpack. Right, best I can think of for your sheath is a pice of inch and a half plastic pipe (or 2" or whatever fits) with a compression end cap on each end. That should be as water tight as anything and nicely fit the pouch. Should cost no more than a couple of quid from B&Q.

Red

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
British Red said:
Geoffrey,

Maxpedition stuff is great isn't it? My "possibles" bag is an M2 waistpack. Right, best I can think of for your sheath is a pice of inch and a half plastic pipe (or 2" or whatever fits) with a compression end cap on each end. That should be as water tight as anything and nicely fit the pouch. Should cost no more than a couple of quid from B&Q.

Red
or you could go the rolls royce version http://www.otterbox.com/products/cigar_caddy/2_stick/index.htm

but the plastic pipe seems a better deal :)

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
British Red said:
Bardster :eek:

Please STOP posting links to bits of gucci kit ;) . I'm fighting the urge to buy one of those - and I quit smoking 12 months ago! :lmao: Actually nice piece of kit

Red

hehe great aren't they, and they do some other useful sizes too. I have a couple on order, a small oe for a tinder kit and a larger for an emergency stash kit. In fact for a UK stockist look here

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Now what part of stop.....<grin>. I'll probably end up buying one of the larger ones for ammo!

Geoffrey

Forager
Oct 3, 2004
Maine
thanks guys, great ideas. I think I will look into the pipe idea.

Anyone else with ideas please feel free to share them.

Thanks.

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
If you have a couple of old C cell maglites, you might be able to cut one to the desired length, measuring from the cap end of the light and then machine the other end to accept the second lights screw on cap. You would be able to access the capsule from either end and an 'O' ring on each end would waterproof your capsule.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Geoffrey said:
thanks guys, great ideas. I think I will look into the pipe idea.

Anyone else with ideas please feel free to share them.

Thanks.
Geoffrey,

If you like the pipe idea and can't find the bits, ask Ludlowsurvivor - he's a plumber!

Red

J

Jamie

Geoffrey said:

Thanks for your help.

Geoff.

Have you thought about using the container that bicycle repair kits come in?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE