Looking for a Bell tent - Help please!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 27, 2012
west sussex
Hi guys,
I've just joined the site, looking to get into camping, and really like the idea of a bell tent. Cheapest 4m in UK I've found is £295 from yippee yurts. I've got the option of buying direct from Obelink in Holland, £187, getting it delivered to friends over there and then getting them to ship it over....
It'd be a hell of a lot easier if I could find someone over here ineterested in selling theirs. Any help would be much appreciated (Would consider a 5m also).

Cheers,
Olly.

Bell tent fan

Jun 29, 2012
Rotherham
Hi Olly - we've just bought a gorgeous 4m bell tent from www.bakerandbell.com for £275. They are based in the UK - really happy with the tent and the service, highly recommended! You will not regret getting a bell tent, so much nicer to wake up under canvas and definitely wind and rain proof. You will see a lot of discussions re zipped in groundsheet or pegged in groundsheet - ours is pegged in which has the advantage of letting you roll up the sides should you be lucky enough to get some sun! Good luck!

Jun 27, 2012
west sussex
Thanks, might give them a call and see what they can do. Think it would be better to buy over here just for the peace of mind if something goes wrong. Yeah, going to go for a pegged version I think.

figoverde

Jul 13, 2012
Arcos de Valdevez
Hi, I have both the Obelink and Soul Pad bell tents on my small farm in Portugal (figoverde.com). I would strongly advise you not to go with the Obelink. I know they are cheaper, thats what hooked me! But they are not the greatest quality. I am living in mine, and I decided to go with Soul Pad for the rental tents. My brother has been living in his Soul Pad here since January. It is a great tent. The quality of the stitching and the zips etc. is just much better. I hope this helps....

Jun 27, 2012
west sussex
Cheers guys,
I did want a soulpad but couldn't stretch the budget. Emailed a few of the companies over here, and Baker & Bell sold me an unused sample for £200. Think it may well be Obelink but it's a bit heavier canvass - 300gsm I think, so not sure. Anyway, it all looks in good knick, so taking a trip to France and Italy next month to give it a whirl!

thanks,
Olly.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE