Looking for a 200cm x 130cm Footprint/ ground sheet / tent floor protector

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Strictly speaking I could live with up to 200 x 160 but what my Google fu has so far failed me to find is a 200 x 130 cm Foot print to go under my shiny new super light weight A frame mesh tent.

Normally I'd make stuff I can't find myself but I can't face the idea of hand stitching two lines of stitches about 8 or 9 yards long at the moment. I'm not looking for anything particularly heavy duty 4oz PU nylon would be fine, and I can add eyelets or loops where I want them myself no problem.

So any pointers towards a relatively inexpensive commercial source would be much appreciated. O.G. by choice but any subdued colour would be fine.

AtB

Tom

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
ages ago i made one, i purchased a cheap tent and just cut 'outside' the seams so i ended up with a tent material that had the double seamed edge.

This was a long time ago and before i got a sewing machine though, now i would jsut cut to the size i wanted and run the seams myself

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I've got one open as it as it happens but the fabric seams to wear realy badly, you can see the warp and weft through the coating already and it's only been folded a couple of times. I suppose bring one shot items they aint expected to be dug out and reused. Think I may have a sealed one in the to ebay/sell pile as well.

I may cut it to size and use it as a stop gap solution. So cheers for the idea.

ATB

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Two more answers while I was one finger typing the above! Lordy I'm slow!

There's three tents in the too get rid of pile. The unused, old school, Vango Force 10 MK 2 LW is a bit nice for chopping up but I'll have a look at the others. I must really get over my aversion ro sewing machines, I've got my own now and herself as 6 or 7. They keep appearing as we sort more of the house!

Hi Big Monster, I'll Send a message as soon as this is posted, cheers!

Atb

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
BigMonster was kind enough to drop off the footprint just now, having cutto size and seamed the section of recycled fly sheet I posted him and added six loops to match the ones on the A frame mesh tent.

20211101_191716.jpg

It weighs 7.2oz or 204gms and I'm absolutely delighted with the quality of work.

It fits neatly into to the DD bag and I'll be carrying it when there will be any doubts about the nature of the surface it will be pitched on, which will be everywhere short of somebodies lawn!

Once again, thanks to BigMonster you're a star!

ATB

Tom

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
BigMonster was kind enough to drop off the footprint just now, having cutto size and seamed the section of recycled fly sheet I posted him and added six loops to match the ones on the A frame mesh tent.

View attachment 70150

It weighs 7.2oz or 204gms and I'm absolutely delighted with the quality of work.

It fits neatly into to the DD bag and I'll be carrying it when there will be any doubts about the nature of the surface it will be pitched on, which will be everywhere short of somebodies lawn!

Once again, thanks to BigMonster you're a star!

ATB

Tom
Love the color matching :)

JBA

Nov 14, 2021
Yorkshire
Strictly speaking I could live with up to 200 x 160 but what my Google fu has so far failed me to find is a 200 x 130 cm Foot print to go under my shiny new super light weight A frame mesh tent.

Normally I'd make stuff I can't find myself but I can't face the idea of hand stitching two lines of stitches about 8 or 9 yards long at the moment. I'm not looking for anything particularly heavy duty 4oz PU nylon would be fine, and I can add eyelets or loops where I want them myself no problem.

So any pointers towards a relatively inexpensive commercial source would be much appreciated. O.G. by choice but any subdued colour would be fine.

AtB

Tom

Cheers but we are sorted now!

ATB

Tom
Glad you're sorted but here's soemthing for thise still looking.
StormGuard Window Insulation Secondary Double Glazing Film. (Polycro,) £7.49 from Ebay. Thin but strong and light. I always use it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE