Look what I've just bought

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
I would love a Benelli semi which works on recoil as opposed to gas operation. This is good as they can take different loads without adjustment, which is good for various disciplines. My local gun shop that we use has a good second hand range, but they stock a synthetic stocked semi that is the same action (they and Benelli are owned by Beretta, so it's exactly the same) but more budget orientated that is £550 new! Bargain. I use a Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon V which is a lovely piece of kit. Just need more practice!

Scally

C.E.S.L Notts explorers
Oct 10, 2004
uk but want to emigrate to NZ
we you always treasure your first shooting tool more than any others my first gun was a single barrell baikal and still got it (still love it more than the purdys and hollands ive shot that was my work hoarse) when i was a gamekeeper in a few weeks you will no every bump curve and rust spot i hopw you have many hours of safe shooting and may all you shoot you shoot cleanly well done

flibb

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2005
Kent
Oi somebody stuck the barrels on the wrong way around ;)
My first shotgun was a webley and scott bolt action 410. After that I was given a ruff as hell spanish boxlock 12 (still have it after 16 years), it was originally a wildfowling gun and had seen action as an emergency padle, then the owner had it cut down to just over 24", to be used as a unchoaked pidgeon gun. I was later given several thousand baikal cartridges, so had a hudge recoil pad fitted to it. I had trouble getting new firing pins for it, so my dad made some by turning steel down on his old pilar drill, think those are the ones still in it.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Very nice Viking - well done :D
My main shotgun is a Berreta A391 semi. Because the action is cycled using some of the gasses bled off it can take 24 to 56 (I think) gram shells with no problem and little difference in felt recoil. The excess gasses are just vented.
Nice gun - you get a few funny looks on a pheasant shoot though :eek:

Cheers

Mark

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Pumps and semi-autos are frowned upon in some organised game shoots in the UK. Allegedly on safety grounds, although tradition may be the main reason.

Over and unders are pretty well accepted now though.

Scally

C.E.S.L Notts explorers
Oct 10, 2004
uk but want to emigrate to NZ
an old gamekeeper once said to me when i was a underkeeper if its no good for a fence post then its no god for you gun lad and theres more meat on that barrell than all of the guns ive ever had and thats after i had rimmed to full god it was tight before that. after i wrote the last message i got it out and shot some clays still shoot better with that than my latest gun and thats shooting pairs.
memories

steven andrews

Settler
Mar 27, 2004
Jersey
stotRE said:
Very nice shotgun mate.
I have just bought one of these and i keep it in my house in spain.
(only have the Ten round mag though as they have banned twenty round mags in the US where i ordered it from, and yes that is an M21 lol!)

Lovely Gat. :) I have a Winchester M14. You may be able to buy 20 round mags in the UK. I bought one a while ago from a surplus shop.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Nice gun Viking ,i wish you good health to enjoy it.
I don't use shotguns very much but i do enjoy an occasional outing with one for pigeons or crow's.
My main shotgun is a Beretta 390.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Lurch is right about the high capacity mags.
I have just ordered some 15 shot glock mags from the US as they are are now available and much cheeper than i can buy them here

george

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
N.W. Highlands (or in the shed!)
TheViking said:
Baikal's are just so damn stiff and heavy. They are very robust though.

Yup they certainly are - but you don't worry when you ding the stock or scratch the barrel on a barbed wire fence and it didn't bother me having it out in the rain all day slung over my shoulder instead of in a slipcover.

Enjoy your new gun TV ...the first one's always the best ;)

George

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Allegedly Baikal barrels are made from melted down T37 tanks, and the stocks from railway sleepers......I've only tried one once (an O/U) and was pleasantly surprised how good it was. Slightly cheaper than a Purdey too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE