Longship

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Just saw this in another place and thought it was worth linking here...

[video]https://youtu.be/WgO8mDbK_ZI[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Nice, is it carping to wonder why wooden blocks were used?

To repeat, at the Falmouth Maritime Museum we have a Viking Voyageers exhibition on until 2017 with sundry events. Two boats on show, one a Viking ship built only up from the water line and mounted on a platform that you can walk around and on. The other is a faering that is seaworthy having been rowed across the from where it was built. Chance to examine Viking technology and artifacts.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I went to see it with my class. Though small, it is an excellent exibition and one well worth seeing.

Qwerty

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Ireland
www.instagram.com
DSC01052.jpg

Taken a few years ago when I sailed in company with the Danish built Havhingsten fra Glendalough

mrcharly

Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Nice, is it carping to wonder why wooden blocks were used?
Instead of using tufnol? I'd agree that tufnol can look ok and lasts well, but why not use wooden blocks for the look and feel?

The big blocks on my barge are wood with steel pins and tufnol rollers. They look the part (well, tbh, they look rusty and unvarnished).

mrcharly

Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE