Long Weekend in the Highlands

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

silvergirl

Nomad
Jan 25, 2006
Angus,Scotland
I’m just back from five days away in North Aberdeenshire/Speyside and thought I’d inflict a couple of pictures on you :D .

The first couple of days I was on a Bushcraft course (Thanks Richard ;) )
Where we were
Making shelters
shelter.jpg

Feather sticks
feathersticks.jpg

Lighting fires
Making Mallets
And trying to do cordage (I made a bracelet out of mine)
My new Frosts Mora came in very handy ;)

This was the first time I’ve used the hammock and I was very impressed with it :) .
Well, Impressed on the night I actually managed to hang it level and fairly tight :eek: .
Other than that I kept waking up and having to readjust myself. I’m sure I’ll get used to it eventually. On Saturday morning I woke at 5am and didn’t want to get up as I was enjoying the view from where I lay.
view.jpg

A red squirrel was scampering about camp running backwards and forwards under the hammock and didn’t seem at all concerned that I was there. Unfortunately no photo I just made the most of watching it.

I was going to say I must get out and about more,
but I think I’m out at least every weekend from now till I go to Sweden in July :rolleyes: :D .

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Sounds like you had a great time :)

I have also found that wildlife is not at all put off by the hammock as i have spent a few lazy mornings watching all sorts running around my hammock.

Well done for getting out there ;)

Lush

Forager
Apr 22, 2007
Netherlands
It looks like you had a top camp site there! It must have been nice to be able to hear the water running at night. Alway's nice to see some photo's!

Lush

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE