long wait for a woodlore!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

combatblade1

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 1, 2007
"I won't have a Spydi"
I agree thats what i did, then me and one of the other lads even had a go at making a blade. With a little expert advice from Bernie Garland on the phone ( i never met or spoke to the man before just got his number phoned him and he talked me through the process hows that for friendly) i filed out my blade shape from a peice of o1 tool steel using hand files, heated it in a barbecue, quenched it in veg oil and tempered it in an oven. here is the finished item. No special tools needed and it cuts like a dream and holds and excellent edge. The one on the left is the one i made handled in red liners and walnut scales, the one on the right is a Bernie Garland woodlore clone which i handled in red liner and desert iron wood scales. I also made the sheath again a first, not difficult just had good advice and no special tools either.
SL372292_2.jpg
[/IMG]

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
just think,there are alternatives out there that are,dare i say it,just as good.If i spent over £270 on a knife i wouldnt dare use it!!...my wife may skin me with it if i did

:eek: Eek. Best avoided, mate. It's a messy business, being skinned :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE