long term nessmuk users?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Always wanted to see one done like that - just the the original picture

trio.jpg

That would be lovely to see :)

Red

Not a perfect rendition of the original but not bad. Same one that's in my avatar.

nessmukAB1b.jpg

nessmukAB2b.jpg

Every time I see that image I get a laugh. :D I scanned that at least a half dozen years ago or more and it's still popping up here and there. I know that one's hosted on Jimbo's site so I know the location. But when I don't know the host, I still know when it's my scan because the scanner had an annoying habit of adding that line on the right side of scans. No longer have that scanner. :D

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
It is indeed:)

I scanned it myself a while back and mailed it to stu (mitchell) when we were chattering but never got around to hosting it!

You are bad for me Hoodoo - I have the Reeves now I need the Nessie knife ;)

That pin through the hidden tang is exactly what I had in mind :D

Now that handle on jojos blade would be about perfect!

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
:)

I don't need one but I have never given one a good work out and I do like the "old school" style.

To be honest I have my entire knife needs covered functionally. The PFK for everyday use and "Beater" and "Biter" when I want knife flexibility. My Flyssa for a big camp knife and my Singeblister Hornet when I want a small knife. Paired up with my Ablett pocket knife its all I need.

There are some others I like though - I would love to play with a proper Nessie. I would also like a real Sgian Dubh and Dirk pair at some point,

Really a matter of inerest rather than need - but your Nessie does look nice :)

Red

May 25, 2006
Canada
www.freewebs.com
:)

I don't need one but I have never given one a good work out and I do like the "old school" style.

To be honest I have my entire knife needs covered functionally. The PFK for everyday use and "Beater" and "Biter" when I want knife flexibility. My Flyssa for a big camp knife and my Singeblister Hornet when I want a small knife. Paired up with my Ablett pocket knife its all I need.

There are some others I like though - I would love to play with a proper Nessie. I would also like a real Sgian Dubh and Dirk pair at some point,

Really a matter of inerest rather than need - but your Nessie does look nice :)

Red

Oh sure! Steal my thunder! :lmao:

seved

Maker
Dec 10, 2007
Sweden
www.sevedsknivar.se
I harden it but i got out of my deepfreezing media so i couldnt finnish it. I will HRC test it on tusday. Then i am start to build it:).

BTW: i Harden regular nessis to this weekend in 26C a swedish carbon steel. 3mm thick.

Seved

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Like the sound of the Carbon ones with an antler handle! The damascus could be too....fancy?

Red

seved

Maker
Dec 10, 2007
Sweden
www.sevedsknivar.se
Yes i think they going to be nice. Carbon nessis is more of a worker i think. You going to see more of them, i going to make some knives of a few of the blades and put out under makers corner.:). Yes and i can put deer stag on one of them:D:lmao:.

Yes the damasknessi is more of a fancy knife. I think it going to be sold with one of ceggas damaskaxes.

Seved

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Well, given I have a cegga carbon, it may be sensible to put a stag handled one on a carbon one :)

You know cegga and I are working on a new Nessmuk axe ?

Hmmmm

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Dne a couple of prototypes - hope to really get going when Cegga finishes his big damascus run for the trade show

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Nice!

The one on the right with the light shining on it is crying out for an antler roll (looks nicely curvy that one)

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE