Long strike anywhere matches

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
I would recommend stuffing the cotton wool on top of the matches instead of placing a wad at the bottom of the case....you want no chance to have a high riding match head scrape the bottom of the plug when you twist it.

We sometimes have to trim our Diamond Strike-Anywheres to fit these cases, but Keith advises against carrying anything in the case that could make a match ride up or jam....

I always twist the plug holding the case pointed away from my body too, early life experiments with matchheads and pipes convinced me of their powerful capabilities. :D

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
leon-1 said:
Cheers Martyn, have you a brand name or make that we can look into :)

Not sure of the brand name, but the box looks like this (except this is a pic of the safety version)...

cooks-matches.jpg

I know you can get long matches for lighting church candles and so on, but are probably more expensive. the Cooks matches are probably about 1/2 inch longer than Englands Glory.

There are plenty of places selling long matches though...
1577.jpg

Longmatcheslarge.jpg

Check out this link...

http://marylandmatch.com/Cigar/

Has to be something there. :)

leon-1

Thanks Martyn, I'll have a blast through there in a while and see what I can see.

Wayland, I know the feeling, I have done something similair looking through the cooks matches for strike anywhere versions, for the minute we'll have to see what the ones Martyn has posted are and what these other people that I have contacted have to say.

Hopefully one or the other will turn up a match which is ideal for these cases :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE