Long sleeping section tents / blackouts

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Got the one man, got the hammock (x4) got a 5m bell. Need something inbetween, preferably 225cm long would be good.

I'm pretty tall (and so is my son, but that's relative at 4!) Needs to be big enough to creep in after he's gone to sleep.

Been looking at the vango mirage but put off by the lack of storage room. Any recommendations?

Also, anything to black sleeping areas out a bit? I'd like a lie in :)

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
If you want to creep in after he's gone to sleep (damn that sounds scary xD), just look for a tent with 2 entrances :)

caorach

Forager
Nov 26, 2014
UK
This might be miles from what you are looking for but...

I was looking to go more lightweight and recently picked up a new Vaude Power Lizard for £200. I've been amazed at how long it is on the inside and there would be enough room for two, though tightish for two adults. There seems to be a new 2016 version which is why, I guess, they were selling off older versions so you might still be able to pick up an old model for reasonable cash. Reviews I've seen say anyone up to 6'6" should be able to lie full length ok. I'm small but there would easily be enough length for me plus my rucksack at one end but the porch is probably big enough for most rucksacks.

On the downside it is bright yellow inside and lots of light gets in so that will not suit you but if you can get one for reasonable cash and fancy the idea of going lightweight then it is worth a look.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE