long overdue solo overnighter in deepest darkest ayrshire

huntersforge

Oct 14, 2006
southern scotland
It was overdue and the forecast wasnt that promising but I had a free weekend and itchy feet.
The chosen area was a remote and secluded hill loch which isnt easily accessable. The walk in from where I left the car was about 4 miles 75% uphill so I needed a few stops along the way( well I am nearly 40 ).
I took my lightweight fishing kit and caught a small brown trout and an eel, neither of which I ate but I am reliably informed eel tastes good. My evening entertainment was watching the glow of the fire which is strangely hypnotic and making up a few paracord bracelets and zip pulls. Got a bit of a soaking on my walk back to the car today but it was well worth the effort.

DSCF0509.jpg

DSCF0515.jpg

DSCF0519.jpg

DSCF0524.jpg

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Looks like a good break. Are the midgies completely gone now then? Were you spinning?

Last edited:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Looks like a fine little spot that. Hope you were thinking about those of us who worked all weekend :p

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
There were no midges at all which was a surprise but it was really windy so that maybe kept them away. I was actually fishing with some worms I found under some dead wood.:)

I have to see photographic evidence to believe someone caught a brownie. Too many times, Ive left someone downstream, only to return half an hour later to hear tales of 3lb wildies....:lmao:

only kiddin!

Makes me jelaous, firewood, water, camp, fire etc......You are lucky north of the border. Either that or we are all oppressed down here!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE