Long overdue meet up/skill share!!!! 4th-6th October

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi folks, ok then the census sways towards the weekend of October 5th-6TH, so lets make it that date. I am more than happy to include Friday the 4th, as i will be on site from lunchtime onwards, if anyone wants to make a full weekend of it. I will also add the date onto the thread title.

BCUK Scottish skill share/meet, 4th-6th of October. Wooplaw community woodlands, scottish borders. http://www.wooplaw.org.uk/?page_id=95

F.A.Q.

1-Do we have a chute for a communal area? A- YES I HAVE A CHUTE WE CAN USE.
2-Do we need to bring water? A- YES, AS THERE IS NO DRINKABLE WATER ON SITE.
3-Do we need to bring some fire wood? A- YES PLEASE, AS WE DON,T WANT TO DEPLETE THE WOODS FOR FUEL.
4-Are we likely to have a communal cook up? A- YES, IF EVERYONE IS OK WITH THAT, I ALSO HAVE A BIG POT SET WHICH WE CAN USE.
5-Are there toilets on site? A- YES THERE ARE COMPOSTING TOILETS IN THE WOOD.
6-Is there room for hammocks and tents? A- YES, THERE IS PLENTY OF ROOM FOR TENTS, AND PLENTY OF TREES FOR HAMMOCKS.
7-Does it cost anything to camp? A- NO IT DOES'NT COST TO CAMP, BUT A LITTLE DONATION WON'T GO A MISS. I WILL HAVE A JAR OF SOME SORT TO COLLECT ANY.
8-Are we allowed to bring dogs? A- YES, WE HAVE HAD DOGS AT MEETS IN THE PAST WITH NO PROBLEMS, WE ONLY ASK YOU PICK UP ANY DEPOSITS THEY MAKE.
9-Are children allowed to come along? A- YES, CHILDREN ARE ALLOWED TO COME ALONG,BUT WE ASK THEY BE SUPERVISED, AS WE ALL KNOW THERE WILL BE OPEN FIRES
AND LOTS OF SHARP IMPLEMENTS ON SHOW. ALSO PLEASE REMEMBER THAT AFTER DARK AROUND THE CAMPFIRE THERE IS LIKELY TO BE SOME ADULT TALK, SO BRING EAR
MUFFS, SO THEY DON'T GET OFFENDED!
10-Will there be a barter table? A-YES, WE HAVE HAD BARTER TABLES IN THE PAST, SO I DON'T SEE WHY NOT.
11-Are we allowed archery? A- SORRY NO, THE REASON IS THAT WOOPLAW IS A COMMUNITY WOODLAND, AND IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC AT ALL TIMES, AND WE DON'T WANT
ANY MISHAPS.
12-Are we allowed to have FUN?? A- YES, ITS COMPULSORY DON'T YOU KNOW!!

Please note: EVERYONE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN SAFETY WHILST AT THE MEET, I.E, USING KNIVES OR AXES. MYSELF OR WOOPLAW WON'T BE HELD LIABLE, IF ANY
ACCIDENTS OCCUR DURING THE MEET.

Ok, sorry if that seems a bit overkill, but i just had to clarify our position. We all know its just common sense.

If you can think of anything i may have overlooked, then just holler.

So, with that done, could we possibly have a list of names.

Cheers Stuart.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
Hi folks, the title says it all really. So, seeing as its been an age, i wondered if anyone fancies a meetup/skill share maybe towards the end of September as the midges should be in retreat. Now i am open about ideas of location, but i can offer up WOOPLAW as a site. The dates i'm not fussed about as i can now get weekends off.

So whats your thoughts please.
I look forward to hearing from anyone.

Cheers Stuart.

Yup, I will come. Wooplaw is a great venue.
Cheers.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Yess ! :D

I was just talking with Russ yesterday that I was thinking of organising one for Comriecroft around the same time :) Your's will save me any bother :D

cheers,
M

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Hi Stuart
Sounds like a great idea. Just had to google it to find out where it was.
I would be intrested in coming along , if there is places for pitching a tent?
Bob

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Sounds good .
Can do the two middle weekends in of September.
Not much skills to share but can make a mean granpa fork out of old fence wire.
would love to try archery though.
Bob

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi folks, its nice to see a few folks are interested, ok, so, there seems to be a few folk can make one date but not the other, for september. So whats peoples thoughts on maybe the first or second week in October? Will this be more benificial to folks, ie more notice to get organized etc etc. I am just trying to gage what would work best for all. If we leave it later i can book the log cabin again for our use over the weekend, which has a great big stove to heat it, for those worried about the cold. I know some guys slept in it at the last meet.

Anyway...

On the skills front, i'm more than happy to do a talk, thats if people want to see, hunting and trapping implements made from natural resources.

And maybe a field expedient basket demo or dolls made from natural materials.

So please feel free to air your thoughts.

Cheers Stuart.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE