Long Evenings. What do you do?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
The nights are getting longer.

I often find myself at a loss. I don’t carve in the dark.
A couple of hours of watching flames dance.

is it bed time? Nope it’s 7:30 pm.

Still a few hours before bedtime.

So what do you do other than stare at your phones?

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Read a book, watch a film, listen to the radio, do a bit of writing, wind up the cat, sod around on the computer, sort out your sock drawer.
Whatever you're in the mood for.
Don't feel bad about doing nothing. Not enough people do nothing. We're all brainwashed to believe we must spend our time doing something productive, but that's puritanical nonsense.
Don't feel bad about putting your feet up and just doing nothing.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The nights are getting longer.

I often find myself at a loss. I don’t carve in the dark.
A couple of hours of watching flames dance.

is it bed time? Nope it’s 7:30 pm.

Still a few hours before bedtime.

So what do you do other than stare at your phones?

Do you mean when out ? and around a fire ?

It's fine if there's company to while away a couple of hours with tea/whatever, but even if there's only a few, I like my hands busy. Cordage is good, it kind of is by feel anyway so long as I've prepped beforehand. So is very simple basketry like tension trays. I know some who hand soften braintanned leather for a bit, and a friend who practices bodhran....but that's not to everyone's taste or suitable for every site.

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Go mad mostly.

Find some rum and go howl at the moon for a bit...

< Werewolf suit optional >

• Haha
Reactions: swyn

Bazzworx

Mar 5, 2009
North Wilts
I'm quite fortunate as I have a warm, well lit workshop at home so I quite often spend a couple hours in there of an evening. I've just bought a new CNC plasma cutter so I think that's going to take a lot of my evenings working out how to use that.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Study - I study a number of things in the evenings either from text (i.e. self planned progress) or on-line courses. My problem now is that I tend to feel quite tired by 9:30 so can't put the hours in that I used to.

I have started preparing my leatherwork so the stuff I have to concentrate on, such as design, cutting out, stamping and carving, I do during the day when I'm wide awake; I leave stitching to the evenings when I'm more tired.

I do a lot of project and trip planning in the winter months - some of them never come off but many do.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Study - I study a number of things in the evenings either from text (i.e. self planned progress) or on-line courses. My problem now is that I tend to feel quite tired by 9:30 so can't put the hours in that I used to.
Is this Study via MOOC's?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE