London Pub Meet no 10

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodpoet

Mar 16, 2012
Walthamstow
Hi folks. Nice to see you all again. To those who didn't make it, you were missed. Another successful pub meet. Bruce have a great holiday in Paris. see you before you go back for good?. Colin, will definitely take you up on your offer sometime. Have a good night.

hemdale

Nomad
Jan 30, 2012
London
Nice to see you guys ! Colin, can you PM the link to the movie youtold me about ...nature recovering all buildings ?
Thks

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Nice to see you guys ! Colin, can you PM the link to the movie youtold me about ...nature recovering all buildings ?
Thks

I haven't seen any before but I just found this
[video=youtube;6XDb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL8115CA6F1D3A4807& feature=player_embedded&v=6XDb cMND7fY[/video]

CraftyLDN

Nov 15, 2012
London
Apologies for not making it Thursday and for not getting in-touch to let anyone know - sorry for not replying to your PM Hemdale.
As always a job landed with a quick turn around for the Friday afternoon.
Hope the evening went well and gutted to miss it (not sure how regularly the London meets are?) + especially to not meet you all in person.
I'll put my out of office on next time!

Sorry I haven't made it to the last few meets, but just wondering if any of you have been listening to Tony Robinson on Radio 4 reading about the history of our favorite drinking hole The George. iPlayer link to episode 1...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...Seen_through_One_Extraordinary_Pub_Episode_1/

Pete Brown's history of pubs as seen through the story of one remarkable London inn, the George in Southwark, said to be the one-time local of Chaucer, Dickens and Shakespeare.
The George Inn is one of the few remaining galleried coaching inns, and lies a few minutes' walk from the Thames. 'Shakespeare's Local' takes us on a literary pub crawl through the history of this pub, from its regulars - the watermen, merchants, actors, craftsmen, writers and coachdrivers - as well as the many incarnations of the pub itself - from lawless Southwark tavern to coaching inn, theatre pub to Victorian drinking den, unfashionable boozer to tourist attraction.
This isn't only a history of half a century of pubs and drinking, but also a paean to the importance of the now declining pub to British society.

woodpoet

Mar 16, 2012
Walthamstow
Hi David. Did hear the broadcast. Might be a good read. Will look out for it. We will probably sort out London Pub Meet 11 in January.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE