Lock down boreal smock project

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Eventually got round to making my wool blanket smock. I used a pattern that I adapted to what I wanted. Quite pleased with the result as it's my first clothing sewing project
ee7f0aa8eb6cdd29886c59cd6fa4261a.jpg
65dfc1255296f78fdcce22aa9f192caa.jpg

Sent from Somerset using magic

henchy3rd

Settler
Apr 16, 2012
Derby
Most excellent smock there.
Gave me a good pointer
I’ve been thinking of making one out of an old army blanket with cuffs & bottom of smock in waxed canvas, leather front tie with antler ends..
Did you make it by hand or machine?

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Most excellent smock there.
Gave me a good pointer
I’ve been thinking of making one out of an old army blanket with cuffs & bottom of smock in waxed canvas, leather front tie with antler ends..
Did you make it by hand or machine?
With a machine...I've got an old hand singer but it needs a service so borrowed the wife's electric one! I can dig out the details of the pattern I bought if you like?

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Better than mine, but then I had no pattern and made it up as I went along! Well done.
When are you starting to take orders... a nice little lockdown business with a captive customer base here. :)

Reactions: swotty

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
That looks great. I would be very interested to find out where you got the pattern it is based on as I have been looking for good reason to "need" to buy a sewing machine ;)
Amazing how handy a sewing machine is especially for keeping oneself occupied during these times!
Here's a link to the pattern I bought....

henchy3rd

Settler
Apr 16, 2012
Derby
With a machine...I've got an old hand singer but it needs a service so borrowed the wife's electric one! I can dig out the details of the pattern I bought if you like?

Well bugger me, I was walking past the bins a couple of months ago & someone chucked an old singer out..(can’t beat a good scrat in the bins). Gave it my daughter & she said there’s knowt wrong with it?
I feel a project coming on7A62EFA7-4742-4500-A4BF-F71792657E12.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE