Loch Tay Crannog Centre meet up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Just remembered that back in 2008 we had a really great meet up at the Crannog Centre on Loch Tay. Any chance of another one?:camping:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'd like to tag along if I'm allowed ?

What were the camping arrangements last time ? I've been to the crannog centre once but don't know that end of the loch too well.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
We spent a few day on loch tay last summer teaching our kids in their new sit-on-tops .
We went round the grannog centre what , what a trully interesting place my we one kept asking questions .

I would be well up for a meet around that area . Any idea what time of year ?

This is loch Tay from the beach at Kenmore the Crannog centre is on the left of the loch.
019az.jpg

Craig......................

Last edited:

rancid badger

Well I'd be very interested in a trip up North, particularly to the crannog centre and of course I'd bring the canoe along too.

dates are the total killer for me however.

I'd like to propose a weekend selected from one of these?:

March: 18th-20th or 25th-27th ( probably far too soon)

May: 13th-15th ( also probably too soon)
June: 3rd-5th

August: 5th-7th or 12th-13th

Sept: 30th-October: 2nd

October: 21st-23rd

if it's any of the above dates, I could make it!:)

Cheers

R.B.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I worked a couple of entire summers at the Crannog centre, and I have occasionally worked events days or weekends for them.

I organised the last couple of meet up there, and the company was excellent :D
The centre itself is a much recommended visit for everyone :approve:
Their budgets are severely constrained so any influx of paying visitors that help the site is something I happily encourage :D It's a fascinating place and the hands on stuff is not only interesting, but fun, and the events days and evenings are the icing on the cake :cool:

The camping area is very limited though. If we use the Crannog environs we are literally right next to the road. If we use the Dalherb site, we are in a rather scraggy woodland (very messy at times with debris from careless fishermen) across the loch. The Dalherb site does have the advantage of running water and a toilet though, useful when the meet up was over 40 people :)

The ideal would be to find another woodland nearby that would allow us to visit the crannog centre through the day but camp a little more privately.
Any ideas ?

I'd suggest that we went to Comriecroft but while it's not a huge distance from the Crannog, it's far enough to make it a different meet up.

cheers,
Toddy

windward

Forager
Sep 28, 2006
Edinburgh
I'm up for a meet at either Comrie or the Crannog Centre...would just depend on dates as it's the start of the show season at work.

Vince

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Of the dates rancid badger suggests I would manage the August ones best. I could bring my canoe too. I also like the private camp idea if that can be arranged.:)

JAG009

Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
March: 25th-27th
May: 13th-15th or June: 3rd-5th

August: 5th-7th or 12th-13th

Sept: 30th-October: 2nd

October: 21st-23rd

These dates all fine with me

Jason

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE