Loch Etive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Planning on a wee weekend away, next weekend (weekend of the 25th january 2013) to Loch Etive, to the usual campsite at the head of the Loch, just before the logging jetty. Directions are simple, pass by the kings house coming from Glasgow direction and take the first left before the Buachaille Etive Mor, follow that road right to the end where theres a small car park, camp is just beside this at the head of the loch. Anyone wishing to pop along is more than welcome :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Might do, might do :D....HWMBLT can go and climb something while I wander around and have a blether ....won't promise, knowing my luck recently someone'll be in hospital or the weather gods will dump a foot of snow on us :rolleyes:

atb,
M

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Come now Auntie M, everything will be just fine lol, thats the Scot in you coming out, optimism is a terrible thing, you know it will really be 10 feet of Snow thats dumped on you! Haha. Hope you can make it up to catch up and have a wee blether.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Himself has just wrapped up like Nanook of the North to take his morning walk down to the river, no snow but a biting cold East Wind.....he says that the road to your camp is 15miles single track (on ice?) up and doony, but it's a nice bit of the world :)
We will see is the best I can say. My driving terrifies him at the best of times :eek:

atb,
M

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Its a deal Jason, im thinking of selling the house and moving into the tipi lol. Its -1° outside and snowing, but im lying on my campbed in just a t-shirt, these frontier stoves really are the dogs danglies. Big Tony should be coming up too but im afraid the Ayrshire squad look as if theyre still frightened to cross the border out of Ayrshire for fear of a nosebleed, theyve also been told about new voodo,witchcraft stuff like wheels, electricity and clean running water that exists outside their little princess kingdom and are running scared off it and are hiding under their mummys skirts lol :lmao:

Last edited:

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
I'm going to biff you on the nose cheeky varlet.
I don't think i can make it but i will if at all possible.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Heehee, you know im only kidding uncle Thomas, be good if you can make it mate, you will always be welcome in my wee warm tipi mate, just bring a mop next time lol

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Burnt my tea towel, theres whisky distilerys with less alcohol in them than that tea towel had, but dont worry Gaz im going to get our Tam a high chair and bib to help him with his major spillage problem lol (think he might kill me for that comment haha )

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Ha, we're not quite at that stage yet Tam, a wee table for your beer might just solve the problem, what im really trying to say is that, no grown 46 year old man is getting in my tipi wearing a bloody nappy lol. Plus i have a sneaky feeling that no one else will come to our meets if we are all wearing nappies, lets face it Tam, we're scarey enough as it is lol. :)

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Ha, we're not quite at that stage yet Tam, a wee table for your beer might just solve the problem, what im really trying to say is that, no grown 46 year old man is getting in my tipi wearing a bloody nappy lol. Plus i have a sneaky feeling that no one else will come to our meets if we are all wearing nappies, lets face it Tam, we're scarey enough as it is lol. :)

Whit about a barrel each? it's gie cauld for going outside...:lmao:

Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
Looking forward to this, especially as you lot camped at the wrong loch last week ...
I'll be there Friday midday as it's a five hour drive in good weather for me.
Can I fry me eggs n sausage on top of your frontier stove Col :) ?

Fat ferret

Forager
May 24, 2012
Galloway
Sorry I can't make this one lad's. Really want to go to Etive too. But I am beating but no dog cause she's hurt her leg again. Just a bad sprain but no more work this season. Am thinking of getting another lab soon. If anyone knows of any pups maybe drop me a PM. Would need to be fairly local to me and want a bitch.

Lot's of snow with me at the moment. Loch frozen over on and off. Lot colder up here than my old stamping ground. Hope to see you all nearer the time. Colin can asses my roofing skills.:eek:

Have funsees at Etive.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Sorry I can't make this one lad's. Really want to go to Etive too. But I am beating but no dog cause she's hurt her leg again. Just a bad sprain but no more work this season. Am thinking of getting another lab soon. If anyone knows of any pups maybe drop me a PM. Would need to be fairly local to me and want a bitch.

Lot's of snow with me at the moment. Loch frozen over on and off. Lot colder up here than my old stamping ground. Hope to see you all nearer the time. Colin can asses my roofing skills.:eek:

Have funsees at Etive.

Not a problem mate, if your busy, your busy. im planning on organizing a lot more meets this year, at least one a month, so your more than welcome to pop along to them. As to assessing your roof skills, dont worry to much mate you know i can easily be bribed with a wee sneaky beer lol.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE