Locations

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
K

Keiran

Has any one got some good advice on places to practice bushcraft in Scottish Borders central belt area?

I Am Edinburgh based and looking for somewhere to go that people won't give yougip for lighting fires etc.

i.e. somewhere remoteand wooded-prefereably broadleafed woodland etc.

Cheers

K

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
Yep, I'm in the same boat. The Pentlands or somewhere around Jedburgh must have suitable spots but I just can't seem to find one! I think your best bet is to buy a map of the area and spend a couple of days doing recces of likely locations. :?:

G

Ginja

I have similar issues/problems in the Derbyshire Peak District. It is, as already mentioned, a case of checking out various routes/locations and keeping your fingers firmly crossed! In most cases, you'll find a suitable spot, though it may not be quite as remote as we would all like - just make the best of what's there.

As for fire lighting - it's almost NEVER 100% okay to light fires anywhere in the UK (understandably, I guess), especially in National Parks! (like the Peaks ...). And during the summer months, it's even more likely you're going to get a wrap on the knuckles, or a sting in the wallet. My advise is either have a good chat with the local ranger/warden (who may be able to recommend a nice, secluded spot), or just be very subtle and discreet about it (but you didn't hear that from me!).

G

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE