Location Advice.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Anyone got any ideas of where i can go for a few days gentle walking that will take me both into wooded areas and nice scenic areas. Im in South Manchester so Train station to train station would be a good one.
Cheers guys
Stu.

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
Head to Derbyshire - trains from Manchester will take you to Edale (just south of Kinder Scout) and Hope (just south of Ladybower reservoir). You'll have moors, conifer plantations and some decent pubs with easy reach :)
OL1 Ord. Survey map.
Is about 16£ return for me in Warrington, so less for you :)

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Yeah i know the area very very well (was on a camp site there a couple weeks back). Not seen that many plantations around though. Ill have to get my map out i think. I was thinkin more of a less used area though. Sometimes there are more people around Edale than in manchester City Center.
Head to Derbyshire - trains from Manchester will take you to Edale (just south of Kinder Scout) and Hope (just south of Ladybower reservoir). You'll have moors, conifer plantations and some decent pubs with easy reach :)
OL1 Ord. Survey map.
Is about 16£ return for me in Warrington, so less for you :)

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Lleyn peninsular and Snowdon, with Derbyshire/peaks as a secondary option. easily reachable from where you are and lovely views.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
What about the Lakes, I'm prety sure you can get a train to Kendal and set off from there. Plenty of places to lose yourself for a few days.

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
Kinder Scout & the tops around ladybower Res are great - sure its very popular, but you'll find most don't go too far from the car parks.!!! You can do lots of various circular routes starting and ending at edale BR station and once u are up on the tops you won't meet that many people, especially if u spend the night up there. Done it lots of times and the only conversation u will get is from the odd sheep!!!! :D

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Cheers guys.
Looks like i might do a large circular, maybe Edale and around Ladybower Res where there are some trees. Map time i think. And get my dehydrator filled.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE