Llyn Cwm Llwch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dan00001

Forager
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
Had a wild camp on Saturday at Llyn Cwm Llwch. We walked from the Storey Arms, it was a fairly arduous walk with a 15kg rucksack and my fitness being lower than usual. The weather was great, we had dip in the lake in the evening and another dip in the morning before heading back down. I got to try out my new Robens Arch 2 which I absolutely love and my Lifesaver Wayfarer. The water tasted spectacular. And we managed to avoid any leaches, though there were plenty in there!

Hope you enjoy the photos.

Llyn Cwm Llwch and the Tommy Jones obelisk, may he rest in peace. In the background you can see the peaks, Pen Y Fan to the left and Corn Du to the right.

The Robens Arch 2, very spacious inside, and a morning view from my tent.

Lifesaver Wayfarer, the water really did taste amazing.

Could have spent hours swimming in the lake.

Food, we kept it simple.

15kg rucksack, I love this thing.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Been a long time for me too, first wild camp as a teen was over the other side of Pen Y Fan, near Upper Neuadd Reservoir. Unfortunate they drained it in 2021 to repair the dam, and seemingly gave up.

Reactions: Dan00001

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE