Living

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mayobushcraft

Mar 22, 2007
Yeovil somerset
Camping is putting at tent up in a field with a wind screen. With a couple dozen or more tents set up the same. Bushcraft is exploring skills that were used in the past as well as using modern equiptment. Remember That all skills and equiptment was modern at some point in history. My kids love camping and bushcraft as well as Playstation. I would rather be outside than in front of a tv. But I do spend to much time in front of a computer and tv so who am I to judge.

Off the soapbox everyone have a good night.

Sep 21, 2008
Dartmoor
Bushcraft is about being confident and comfortable in the natural environment. Whether you are having an afternoon stroll, or you’re embarking on an extended expedition over many days, there is a huge wealth of knowledge and information that can help everyone get the most out of their outdoor experience.

Bushcraft UK is a resource for anyone interested in the skills and knowledge needed to get more from the great outdoors. This information is provided in two main parts; knowledge and information make up one part and the community area makes up the other. Have a browse, and see what you can discover that will help you get the most from the beautiful world around us.

I may have plagiarised the above; who can tell.... :nutkick:

woodowl

Dec 29, 2011
Glamorgan
I see by the tone of this thread thus far that I have hit upon a nerve. I also see some people have also put words in to my mouth that were never intended in my post. I feel as if most people on this site can not take on any opposition to their points of view, this saddens me. I will be leaving in the morning for a time away, alone (Scotland). I wish everyone all the best in their bushcraft and in life all around.

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
I see by the tone of this thread thus far that I have hit upon a nerve. I also see some people have also put words in to my mouth that were never intended in my post. I feel as if most people on this site can not take on any opposition to their points of view, this saddens me. I will be leaving in the morning for a time away, alone (Scotland). I wish everyone all the best in their bushcraft and in life all around.

No nerve caught here, i just find it a bit rich that a person leeching off us of us that work for a living and pays taxes feels they are in a position to judge.

Have a great trip, fingers crossed you last a bit longer before you need to come back and leech of us again :lmao:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
No, no nerve, just a response to your holier than thou post.

The right of responsible access was hard won, and is still contentious in some airts; if you take your attitude with you basically it's theft to take what does not belong to you.
Use, don't abuse, and we know fine that our natural world would never support us all, or even only all the folks on this forum living a 'bushcraft' lifestyle supported only by what we'd forage, hunt, consume, burn, build, etc.,

Reality is sustainability and leave as little trace as we can.

If you have access to this internet that we're all using, then you're no more hardcore than anyone else :rolleyes:

cheers,
Toddy

woodowl

Dec 29, 2011
Glamorgan
No nerve caught here, i just find it a bit rich that a person leeching off us of us that work for a living and pays taxes feels they are in a position to judge.

Have a great trip, fingers crossed you last a bit longer before you need to come back and leech of us again :lmao:

once again you say things when you don't know the facts. I don't need to share this with you but I will. I was left a house at the end of last year and am making do with what I have for the next 10 years( I think). do you see what I mean about not assuming?

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland

Which words were put in your mouth? You've been online an looked through this thread over the past days but haven't responded to any of the questions asked, I suppose these things can get out of hand and folks can start jumping to conclusions, especially if they feel you are ignoring them.

Which point of view do you think is being opposed, in the OP you asked some questions but I didn't think you expressed a specific point of view.

Have fun in Scotland, maybe let us know how you get on, post some pics, a few tutorials etc. :)

Last edited:

woodowl

Dec 29, 2011
Glamorgan
No, no nerve, just a response to your holier than thou post.

The right of responsible access was hard won, and is still contentious in some airts; if you take your attitude with you basically it's theft to take what does not belong to you.
Use, don't abuse, and we know fine that our natural world would never support us all, or even only all the folks on this forum living a 'bushcraft' lifestyle supported only by what we'd forage, hunt, consume, burn, build, etc.,

Reality is sustainability and leave as little trace as we can.

If you have access to this internet that we're all using, then you're no more hardcore than anyone else :rolleyes:

cheers,
Toddy

as I said its my sisters internet.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
have i once said in any post that i live in a primative way? also have i mentioned that i ever venture on to any land that is not permited?

So... I'll list what I think I do know
You're self sufficient?
You're in your 40s
In south Wales
You enjoy bird watching
You've just had a major knee op.
You do chainsaw carving
You have no electricity.
You have inherited a house but live under a poncho

Correct?

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
have i once said in any post that i live in a primative way? also have i mentioned that i ever venture on to any land that is not permited?

You haven't actually "said" very much of anything. Rather you evade the questions asked here. Many of the UK menbers find it hard to believe that you could indeed spend months legally living off the land. NO, you didn't actually SAY that's what you do, but you strongly imply that there is no other way to be a true bushcrafter.

woodowl

Dec 29, 2011
Glamorgan
So... I'll list what I think I do know
You're self sufficient?
You're in your 40s
In south Wales
You enjoy bird watching
You've just had a major knee op.
You do chainsaw carving
You have no electricity.
You have inherited a house but live under a poncho

Correct?

I did Chainsaw carving for a living a while back now.
I had an op on my knee but am recovered now.
I am from South Wales but move around.
The house was sold. But I own a house.
I have answered your questions but feel that is nothing to do with the topic.
Stalker is it?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE