living wild

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

IanM

Nomad
Oct 11, 2004
UK
There have been reports for many years about people permanently living wild in the forests of Scotland and northern England. Occasionally a body is found in a rotting tent, dead for a long time.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/topstories/Skeleton-in-tent-is-body.3915905.jp

They come into town once or twice a year buying odds and sods, matches, laces and the odd luxury like KitKats otherwise they are not seen. I understand though that the forest wardens just let them be.

Last edited:

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I think the West coast of Scotland is about the wildest you can get onshore in the UK, up in Wester Ross there are not many roads and a lot of peat, though if you are talking about 'feral' rather than wild I would say that there are more than a few council estates that are Dodge City.

Whether you can still live wild and be respectable is another matter, There used to be a guy who lived in a local woods under canvas in an old army tent, not exactly off the beaten track but these days you would just be harrassed by the powers that be.

peasantchurl

Banned
Jun 11, 2009
Ithese days you would just be harrassed by the powers that be.

no offence meant at your quote, but these powers that be only have power if you consent to stand under their authority, if someone is living in the woods in this country committing no common law offences and they know their common law rights and how to deal with the police etc then the powers that be no longer have the power they are trying to claim/enforce with legal representation.

Basically do the Australian Police pester the aboriginal people for living in the bush.......nope because the aboriginal people are taught from a young age their rights / different jurisdiction's regarding the police, the police have no jurisdiction over the natives unless common law is broken or a aboriginal is willing to contract with the police and gives consent to have statues and acts imposed upon them. Australia is a common law jurisdiction like the UK, where is the law that states a human being can't live like an aboriginal native in this country.....there is no law but there's a huge load of legal legislation (statues and acts) saying you can't do it in the UK.......why because they want money and control over you.....but it not against the law of the land to live like a native or access your countries natural resources as is required by natural law on planet earth.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
no offence meant at your quote, but these powers that be only have power if you consent to stand under their authority, if someone is living in the woods in this country committing no common law offences and they know their common law rights and how to deal with the police etc then the powers that be no longer have the power they are trying to claim/enforce with legal representation. .

Well anti terrorist legislation covers just about everything these days, never mind that everywhere is someones private property and civil proceedings are bound to ensue.

Never mind that Social Services and the police could get involved to permanently dispossess you not only of your liberty but your mind.

There are no tea parties in Boston these days.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Check out these guys for inspiration.

www.awalkaroundbritain.com

Walking and singing our way about the British Isles

My immediate (and only) thought.......... Was of this!
happy0054.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVpoXw2JCBw

peasantchurl

Banned
Jun 11, 2009
forums are useless everything go's off topic, people who have no knowledge or capability to learn new information they just fill the thread full of their limited understanding, instead of sitting back and learning how things actually work regarding the law of this land. I'll make some video's put them on youtube and leave you lot on here to spout and quote legislation at each other like a bunch of stupid serfs.

And enjoy myself with my friends doing bushcraft activities on what you lot call National Trust / Forestry Commission land, which is actually the land of the people in this country, FACT.... guess what ? its all lawful but highly illegal :)

Last edited:

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
forums are useless everything go's off topic, people who have no knowledge or capability to learn new information they just fill the thread full of their limited understanding, instead of sitting back and learning how things actually work regarding the law of this land. I'll make some video's put them on youtube and leave you lot on here to spout and quote legislation at each other like a bunch of stupid serfs.

And enjoy myself with my friends doing bushcraft activities on what you lot call National Trust / Forestry Commission land, which is actually the land of the people in this country, FACT.... guess what ? its all lawful but highly illegal :)

Well, to be honest, I'm not prepared to test your theories in the real world, but if you fancy making a video of yourself shooting rabbits or pigeon with an air rifle in one of the parks in central London,and posting it on youtube, I'll be happy to view it once you've uploaded it.

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
I'll make some video's put them on youtube
You have to sign up for an account to do that, which might constitute a legal identity under corporate law, compromising your freeman on the land status and leaving you open to prosecution by the NWO bogeyman.

and leave you lot on here to spout and quote legislation at each othe like a bunch of stupid serfs.

See ya! :D

peasantchurl

Banned
Jun 11, 2009
You have to sign up for an account to do that, which might constitute a legal identity under corporate law, compromising your freeman on the land status and leaving you open to prosecution by the NWO bogeyman.

it would not comprise status, if you think that it would you need to learn more about law.

Ratbag

Subscriber
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
forums are useless everything go's off topic, people who have no knowledge or capability to learn new information they just fill the thread full of their limited understanding, instead of sitting back and learning how things actually work regarding the law of this land.

I'm ready to learn. Please go on...

I'll make some video's put them on youtube

I imagine that'll help...

and leave you lot on here to spout and quote legislation at each other like a bunch of stupid serfs.

But all the laws of the land are contained within either legislation or case law. So which part of the legislation or case law should we be looking at?

And enjoy myself with my friends doing bushcraft activities on what you lot call National Trust / Forestry Commission land, which is actually the land of the people in this country, FACT

Can you demonstrate that fact?

its all lawful but highly illegal :)

That makes as much sense as the rest of your post. Please give us more detail.

Rat

peasantchurl

Banned
Jun 11, 2009
i'll make ya some video's and answer some of the issues raised in this thread.

believe it or not I'm trying to help you all by getting you into places that you want to be in like the forests in this country instead of begging permission from people or corporations who have no authority over you, until you go a ask them their permission.

Here a difference between legal / lawful.

There is a child whom asks it parent if it can go to woods to play the parent says no because the parent makes the rules, but the child go's to the woods any way, it's broken the rules but there is no law stating the child can't go to the woods. So the child did something lets say 'illegal' but its not unlawful as no (1)harm, (2)damage or (3)loss was committed in a common law jurisdiction (UK), those 3 factors are the law of this land. Many years pass the child is grown up, doe's it still need to ask permission from its parent to got to the woods ?
No it doe's not, but if the now grown up child went and asked its parent if it can go play in the woods and the parent said no and the adolescent obeyed that order the adolescent is still consenting to the parent's authority by asking permission.

Now in the legal world when you ask permission or apply for a permit or license to do something it is in layman's terms 'begging' your giving up your rights and privileges to a third party in order to gain something but at what cost.....

If there is no remedy the liability is unlawful.........so lets just say for example you asked permission from the forestry commission to set up a camp and do bushcraft they turned say NO ! and give they'll you list of Byelaws stating you can't do it. But unless they offer remedy their actions are unlawful....then you take them to court, and get them to prove why you can't use the land in the country you was born in, when their just a fictional entity (a corporation) with private shareholders making profits by entering into commerce with the Queen's and her subjects land (that called treason).........

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire

believe it or not I'm trying to help you all by getting you into places that you want to be in like the forests in this country instead of begging permission from people or corporations who have no authority over you, until you go a ask them their permission.

There is a child whom asks it parent if it can go to woods to play the parent says no because the parent makes the rules, but the child go's to the woods any way, it's broken the rules but there is no law stating the child can't go to the woods. So the child did something lets say 'illegal' but its not unlawful as no (1)harm, (2)damage or (3)loss was committed in a common law jurisdiction (UK), those 3 factors are the law of this land. Many years pass the child is grown up, doe's it still need to ask permission from its parent to got to the woods ?
No it doe's not, but if the now grown up child went and asked its parent if it can go play in the woods and the parent said no and the adolescent obeyed that order the adolescent is still consenting to the parent's authority by asking permission.

Now in the legal world when you ask permission or apply for a permit or license to do something it is in layman's terms 'begging' your giving up your rights and privileges to a third party in order to gain something but at what cost.....

If there is no remedy the liability is unlawful.........so lets just say for example you asked permission from the forestry commission to set up a camp and do bushcraft they turned say NO ! and give they'll you list of Byelaws stating you can't do it. But unless they offer remedy their actions are unlawful....then you take them to court, and get them to prove why you can't use the land in the country you was born in, when their just a fictional entity (a corporation) with private shareholders making profits by entering into commerce with the Queen's and her subjects land (that called treason).........

It would add weight to your arguments if you at the very least make sure that they are gramatically correct, and can be read without giving people a headache. (Unless, of course that could be seen as pandering to 'the man')

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Flame wars!
Yawn! From what I understand tresspass is a civil crime not criminal so the police cannot come and arrest you. However, the land owner can take you to a civil court over tresspass where compensation could be sought. Is that about right?

If someone is poaching or stealing wood to feed and heat his family it is illegal because that is considered property of the land owner. Illegal yes, immoral no.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands

Nice one thanks for this. ;)

It would add weight to your arguments if you at the very least make sure that they are gramatically correct, and can be read without giving people a headache. (Unless, of course that could be seen as pandering to 'the man')

I think you mean grammatically, but hey ho, an interesting thread none the less. I read it fine matey.

hedgerow pete

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 10, 2010
smethwick , west midlands
this is all getting a little petty, look from the begining i was under the impression that he was asking was it posible rather than he was, I stated that i would base my self inner city as the picking are better same with the supplies of materials, its very hard to find plastic sheets in the woods, to be truely wild is imposible in england to look at the basics you will still need to buy clothes and shoes, pots and pans wear out etc etc, but there is nothing stopping you from being out there if you want, there was a second world war polish veterian who lived in the middle of a dual carridge way island for years in wallsal or wolverhampton, he was there for 30 years or more, he used to live of the money people used to throw at him.

there are plenty of ways without using guns to collect meat in a city, can you or would you eat a city pigeon, yes you would when you are hungry, i have eaten some disgusting things when i was hungry and was glad of it (??????) you just change your out look on things as they say go ferral. as for the law etc etc why fight them , you will only lose, why not fly under them, hide in public places, get lost in crowds, the city to me is one of the loneliest places I have ever walked, as for rich pickings it depends on you point of view

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
there was a second world war polish veterian who lived in the middle of a dual carridge way island for years in wallsal or wolverhampton, he was there for 30 years or more, he used to live of the money people used to throw at him.

He was on the Wolverhampton ring road mate, drove past him on many a day in the past. The local council used to look after him and also the local temple used to feed him.:D

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Have a read about Chris Mc Candless, IIRC John Krakauer wrote a book about him.

He wound up dead, having misidentified a plant, which ultimately was his undoing.

Pretty good read nonetheless.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...there was a second world war polish veterian who lived in the middle of a dual carridge way island for years in wallsal or wolverhampton, he was there for 30 years or more, he used to live of the money people used to throw at him..."

He was on the Wolverhampton ring road mate, drove past him on many a day in the past. The local council used to look after him and also the local temple used to feed him.:D

Fascinating story :)

Józef Stawinoga

Not quite the "living wild" the OP was asking about but certainly a good story about someone successfully living out-with the norms of society.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE