living wild

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
i'll make ya some video's and answer some of the issues raised in this thread.

believe it or not I'm trying to help you all by getting you into places that you want to be in like the forests in this country instead of begging permission from people or corporations who have no authority over you, until you go a ask them their permission.

Here a difference between legal / lawful.

There is a child whom asks it parent if it can go to woods to play the parent says no because the parent makes the rules, but the child go's to the woods any way, it's broken the rules but there is no law stating the child can't go to the woods. So the child did something lets say 'illegal' but its not unlawful as no (1)harm, (2)damage or (3)loss was committed in a common law jurisdiction (UK), those 3 factors are the law of this land. Many years pass the child is grown up, doe's it still need to ask permission from its parent to got to the woods ?
No it doe's not, but if the now grown up child went and asked its parent if it can go play in the woods and the parent said no and the adolescent obeyed that order the adolescent is still consenting to the parent's authority by asking permission.

Now in the legal world when you ask permission or apply for a permit or license to do something it is in layman's terms 'begging' your giving up your rights and privileges to a third party in order to gain something but at what cost.....

If there is no remedy the liability is unlawful.........so lets just say for example you asked permission from the forestry commission to set up a camp and do bushcraft they turned say NO ! and give they'll you list of Byelaws stating you can't do it. But unless they offer remedy their actions are unlawful....then you take them to court, and get them to prove why you can't use the land in the country you was born in, when their just a fictional entity (a corporation) with private shareholders making profits by entering into commerce with the Queen's and her subjects land (that called treason).........

Interesting post. From what little I know of the way the law works, I believe you are right ...in principle at least.

Problem is, you cant dip in and out of it. Every time you sign on at the dole office, you are entering into a contract. Every time you go to work, you are reaffirming a contract, when you use the health service, you are taking the queens shilling and heaven forbid you vote on polling day, because you are shaking hands with the fella that makes the contracts and are giving him permission to rule over you. What you cant do, after all this contract making, is then decide to break your contracts with society and go "native" for the weekend.

If you are going to ascertain your rights to be aboriginal, then it must be an absolute separation. You cant call the police if you get something stolen, you cant call the fire brigade if your tent is on fire, you cant go to hospital if you get sick, you cant claim dole, you cant go to work and you cant vote. You must exist completely outside of society, only making contracts with individuals who are not themselves bound by the limits of their own contracts.

Last edited:

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
It would add weight to your arguments if you at the very least make sure that they are gramatically correct, and can be read without giving people a headache. (Unless, of course that could be seen as pandering to 'the man')

:rolleyes: typical "that was a good post i cant find anything but an apostrophe out of place" response!
these posts always turn bad.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Well if you want to go into the philosophy of so called Natural Law you could start of by reading Thomas Hobbes Leviathan, and maybe Locke's second treatise of government, but essentially Hobbes has it right, the man with the big stick always wins, these days the man with the big stick is usually under the hire of the man who occupies the land and if he don't want you there, then he will get you off by one means or another so it pays to be civil.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
It would add weight to your arguments if you at the very least make sure that they are gramatically correct, and can be read without giving people a headache. (Unless, of course that could be seen as pandering to 'the man')

My understanding of the Forum etiquette is that one may respond to the points which a poster makes, the manner in which they are made, or both.

However, what one does not do is to criticize for spelling, grammar,or a perceived lack of educational merit!

Challenge the post and the points thereof, whilst respecting that the poster has the absolute right to express, in their own words!

Martin1

Dec 29, 2009
E. Yorks. UK
is there any one out there living wild for a month or more i mean like if you gave up your job to do it or what ever

the reason im asking is because iv just finishd reading a book called call of the wild my escape to alaska by guy greive and i really enjoyd it

When you say "living wild" do you mean - absolutely totally wild, totally self sufficient and without any sneaking off once evey couple of weeks for some provisions?
I have often said if I could sustain on grass etc. then I would probably live like that all the time (somewhere abroad not here).
But the nearest I have come to living wild (if you can call it that) is in a tent for over 6 months at one time and also before 30 days at a time (twice previously) with just with my sleeping bag (and exposure bag for if it rained) sleeping under the stars which can't be beat.
But I took grub and of course had to go and stock up from "civilisation" (shops) once every couple/three weeks. My foraging limits amounted to gathering nuts washed up on the beach after a river washed them out into the sea from the mountains and coming across fruit bearing trees on old deserted farms inland etc. etc. Oh and raiding skips after a market etc etc. then taking grub back to my mountain lair. (which was actually just hidden off a road :)).
Finally when living in the tent I didnt talk to anyone for maybe a couple of months at one point and when I finally did my voice went hoarse after 10 mins of gabbing! Not used to talking for so long! :lmao::lmao:

Last edited:

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
It is absurd of course, the only rights the aboriginals ever had were to be exterminated by the new power in the land and do not claim it never happened, look up the history of Tasmania.

The indigenous peoples of the USA may have had a better claim to the land, but it didn't do them much good in the long term, long before they were able to make any successful claims in the constitutional courts they were subject to the law of the gun.

If you wish to live outside of the law as it is actually practised and enforced (never mind the high flown debates about the bill of rights and that crap), then life will certainly end up "nasty brutish and short"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE