list to learn

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ilan

Nomad
Feb 14, 2006
bromley kent uk
One of the biggest things you will have trouble with in bush craft is the ability to think !! I often find that then you will find what you need .

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
leon-b said:
yes i would of preffered a pm but dont worry about it guys
i am deleting the site
for those that wanted to know i have bought bushcraft by mors k
and also trees and food for free both in collins gem

Excellent choices Sir :headbang:

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
thanks for the offer but i have just deleted the site as it is more hassle than it is worth
thanks leon

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Leon, keep the bones of that site somewhere, it was a good layout. Give it a year or so, figure out how some of the techniques work, well enough that you can explain them, then bring the site back with your own photos. Maybe I am just being slow witted, but it looked like you have a flair for web design, it was a better effort than many I have seen, and LOADS better than anything I have ever produced.

I learned a fair bit from Ray's Bushcraft book. The photos show a lot of good stuff that can be missed from line drawings. Whatever you do though, avoid Hugh McManners stuff :rolleyes:

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i have read one of rays books but i cant remember the name i find the line drawings quite usefull and simple

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Wayne said:
Leon if you need some pics for your site drop me a line I have lots of pictures from the courses I run.

Yer, I can let you have a load of my pics too mate. It looks like you've trashed the site completely which is a shame asit looked like a good personal site.
If you do bring it back to life then you're welcome to some photos you can use :)

Cheers,

Bam. :D

Reactions: British Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
yes i have permenently deleted the site i may start it up in a year or so
thanks for the offer

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Leon,

Same as Wayne and Bam, I have loads of bushcraft and nature type photos you are welcome to if you ever want them - any of mine on this site help yourself or drop me a PM and I'll send you lots! Shame to see your site vanish (I'd like to see some of my piccs on the web too mate)

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
when i learn a bit more in say a year i will probebly start the site up again
thanks everyone who has said i can use there pics i will use them when the site is reopened

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
leon-b said:
what are the 5 most important knots to learn

There's an old backwoods saying "lots of easy knots are as good as one good one".....now this does NOT apply in climbing or sailing for example but it does for bushcraft.

Don't get too tied up in this knot and that hitch.... take you're new knife outside and carve yourself a spoon, you'll enjoy it far more ;)

Cheers,

Bam. :)

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
yes i am going to learn 10 good knots
as soon as i get my frosts clipper (hopefully tommorow) i am going to start carving

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
leon-b said:
yes i am going to learn 10 good knots
as soon as i get my frosts clipper (hopefully tommorow) i am going to start carving

Good for you mate :D

Make sure you think through each and every cut that you make so you know where the knife's going if you slip and don't let the knife bite you ;)

Cheers,

Bam. :)

odin13

Forager
May 29, 2005
bristol, england
good to see someone my age around here ;) im pretty much a beginner as well, i tend to just take walks, and see what i can recognise, and which plants, trees, fungi etc could be useful, and experiment :D other then that i practise firelighting, the occasional sleeping out, and thats about it.
ALEX

Reactions: JonnyP

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
odin13 said:
good to see someone my age around here ;) im pretty much a beginner as well, i tend to just take walks, and see what i can recognise, and which plants, trees, fungi etc could be useful, and experiment :D other then that i practise firelighting, the occasional sleeping out, and thats about it.
ALEX
Leon, here is some great advise mate, Well said Alex.............Jon

ScanDgrind

Banned
Mar 18, 2004
Cornwall
Stuart said:
I have been looking though your previous posts Leon-b.

I understand that you are 14 years of age and bursting with youthful enthusiasm and I am happy that you have directed this zeal towards the study of Bushcraft, However I think your approach to learning the many disciplines of Bushcraft is a little misguided.

Learning starts with Listening, in a forum that means searching though the archives and reading previous posts, the BCUK forums currently contain 178,467 posts from 3,836 people every question that you have asked thus far has been answered on countless occasions and the answers to which can be found by a simple search.

If you have searched the archives and found the your query is not answered then should you start asking questions, but try to make your questions clear, concise and quantifiable many of your post to date have been very ambiguous.

For example:

Additionally it is worth noting that you only need post a question on the forum once, posting the same question repeatedly serves no further purpose

These are all individual posts, it total you have made over 25 posts inquiring about the frost Clipper knife, a topic which could have been asked in one detailed and concise question and answered with one forum search under “clipper” which would have provided 149 posts with information on the frosts clipper

to get the most from this forum learn how to use it correctly:

Do a search, read the archived posts, if you have a question which is not answered by a search put to together a detailed and clear post outlining your query, then post it on the forum once.

P.S. Chris is right you do have a nice website, but take heed of his warning that all the pictures on your website have been stolen from other sources and you don’t have copyright permission, this is illegal and the owners of the pictures have every right to take you to court and demand payment for the use of their photographs

I have a question after reading the above post by Stuart.
Is it a prerequisite to be a grade 1, four star ****** to be a moderator on this forum?

leon-b is fourteen and keen to study bushcraft. Not doing much to encourage the lad are we?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE