Lion Paw on my Condor handle.

I always wanted a paw print on my knife handle but was to scared incase I wrecked the thing.
Anyway I took the Lion by the mane and had a go, this is how it turned out.
lionpaw003.jpg

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Simple and I like,
How's the condor fare, heard mixed reviews but seems a bargain at £30?

Guys ,no I used my dremmel lookalike , the bit I used is larger than I would like to have had, I put some linseed oil to bring it out a bit.
The Condor is not a bad knife, I honed mine on a leather strop and it will easily shave hairs on the arm/slice through A4 paper etc.
I do baton with it so it will take a pounding, the sheath that it comes with is easily worth £30-00 on its own so the knife is kind of free.

peaks

Settler
May 16, 2009
Derbys
Hi,
Is that the mini-Bushlore or the full size one? Looks a good knife and now a very individual one!

Thanks in anticipation

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
The 'MJM' is the bit you did? If so thats ace!
Any tutorials about...?

that's the bit - I found the tutorial on British blades but it's very easy

Mask off the bit you don't want to etch - include a fair amount of margin - I used letter transfers from WHSmith and insulation tape.

Get a 9V battery, two wires - attach one wire/terminal to the knife blade (not sure if polarity matters here) - a croc clip would help
attach the other to a piece of cotton wool soaked in salt water solution (over saturated to be sure)
Dab the wet cotton wool onto the mask - hold on. It will fizz - the cotton wool will start to go black as material is transferred from the blade to the cotton wool.
THe longer you hold the deeper the etch.
Beware - hold too long and it will etch "under" your mask.
Give it a gentle polish afterwards to bring out the design.

I have no idea if this works with stainless.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE