Lincolnshire meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
Just had a great time at the Spring North meet, so looking forward to this one.

Did a few demos of making lightweight alchohol stoves from aluminium coke or beer cans which seemed popular. I'll be happy to demo this again (not just a beer drinking demo :) ).

I can bring a couple of Ivy bow drill sets for fire making if anyone is interested.

kata

Jun 7, 2005
lincolnshire
Neanderthal said:
What sort of trees are the woods at this site comprised of? This may determine what projects I work on.

Thanks

Majority is pine, birch and sycamore, with a few others thrown in.....
Would be good to see some demos.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Would be good to see you all there!

As for trees there is a huge selection if you are prepared to look

featherman208

Mar 3, 2006
n,lincs
as the boys said there plenty of mixed woodland to go at.
it's a cracking little area.
bring as many demos along as you like it's always nice to see something a little different.
bring somethings along for swaps too if you like.
if this all goes well as i'm sure it will,it would be good to make this a regular meet for the localish people maybe bimonthly or something,it's always good to meet other likeminded nutters.

myself and trev and looking around at a couple of other areas local to go too.
one we've used where we have shooting permission is around 3500 acres and has several small woods one is in a valley up on the wolds which also has a fresh spring running through it and a small pond.it's surrounded by rolling grass hills with plenty of bunnies were allowed to take.
i'm intending to speak to the landowner to see if i can invite a few people along,have fires etc,,
now this has wetted your appetite let's hope he says yes!!

Trevody

May 30, 2005
North Lincolnshire
Neanderthal said:
Just had a great time at the Spring North meet, so looking forward to this one.

Did a few demos of making lightweight alchohol stoves from aluminium coke or beer cans which seemed popular. I'll be happy to demo this again (not just a beer drinking demo :) ).

I can bring a couple of Ivy bow drill sets for fire making if anyone is interested.

I for one would appreciate you bringing your fire bow kit along, I seemed to have been volunteered for demonstrating fire bow technique :eek:

Trev :D

H

halo

hey guy's do you know of any trout waters up near there,i'm on holliday the week of the meet to do some fishing?

halo

Trevody

May 30, 2005
North Lincolnshire
Hi Halo
There is plenty of course fishing up this way, but can't say that I know of any trout rivers localy they are all fairly slow flowing.
I will ask around though

Trev :D

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
There aren't any Trout rivers round here. There's a Trout Lake here .
There's tons of really good Pike fishing in the area, when you've caught some trout you can use it as bait :lmao:

H

halo

martin said:
There aren't any Trout rivers round here. There's a Trout Lake here .
There's tons of really good Pike fishing in the area, when you've caught some trout you can use it as bait :lmao:

cheers martin but where is the lake in in regards to the meet,if it's close enough i might try and get a few hours on it before i come up friday we can try fresh trout mears style on an open fire friday nite,as to pike fishing i try to only use lures unless i'm on a res or a big lake.

paul(halo)

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
The lake is at 53 33' 28"N 0 53' 37"W and the meet is at 53 32' 45"N 0 33' 28"W. That roughly 20 miles. If you download Google Earth and put in the coordinates for the lake there's a great shot of it. There's a big lake just down the road from the campsite with loads of pike and carp in (no trout) that is run by the local council. So you will not have any trouble getting a day ticket.

hammy

Forager
Sep 28, 2004
Pegswood, Northumberland.
I'm interested in attending but would not know until the last munute if I could attend.
So could I just turn up one the day, I will try to give notice but my work at the moment is hitty missy, on the lines of can you do it tomorrow etc.
Cheers Dave.(BES)

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
hammy said:
I'm interested in attending but would not know until the last munute if I could attend.
So could I just turn up one the day, I will try to give notice but my work at the moment is hitty missy, on the lines of can you do it tomorrow etc.
Cheers Dave.(BES)

No worries!

If you can make it great!!

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
Anyone got any Cramp Ball fungus to swap for an Ivy fire drill set at the weekend?

Once I've got some, no doubt I'll be finding the stuff all over the place. :)

Stu

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE