LIGHTWEIGHT WINDPROOF COTTON SMOCK/JACKET

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nickjeremy

Dec 10, 2019
UK
Cotton takes a long time to dry and isn't that tough, double Ventile maybe I guess and the old British Cadet smocks. If you're on a longer hike and camping cotton stays sodden and clammy unless you treat with say Nikwax wash-in Cotton Proof, but then you lose some breathability. Polycotton's better for faster drying, G1000 and the like, but polymide is best I'd say. Paramo's Fuera classic is so so good, and the older Rohan smocks and jackets knocking around on ebay. These are all tougher than Pertex as well, though for tear-restistance polycotton's best. Cheers.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
I have a pair of these - one in olive green and one in coyote tan:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MIL-TEC-Li...QGX3JQKJSNA&psc=1&refRID=B1DN2GZH3QGX3JQKJSNA

You can get them fleece lined or unlined. My preference is for unlined so I can wear them with separate layers and also on windy, but not especially cold (like the weather is most of the time in the UK), days.
They aren't cotton, they're polyester. Which aids in drying.
They will cope with a light shower but will not shrug off a determined downpour.
I love them and will happily replace when they finally die.

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
I seen those but was unsure of quality and 'windproofness'. Let me know how you get on though.

I find it very good really, lots of room to move or layer underneath, shower resistant, and wind resistant as a thickish cotton smock can be. I use it both in the canoe and sailing...…….

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE