Lightweight small-mini jacket....????

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JayKay

Hi there,

Thanks for reading my post...

I search the forum but I could not find the name of those light weight jackets that you compress in a very very very small bag. Any idea's what they are called?

They are often seen on ebay.

Thanks in advance.

JayKay

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
Arktis Stowaway? great windproof, is water resistant.... but not for the worst of weather... would n't want to tussle with throns or barbed wire... or catch a spark... but well worth squeezing into a bum bag this time of year.

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Try a search for paclite. I believe this is the type of Goretex used for many of these jackets.

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
I always have an Arktis stowawy in my bag.

Worth noting that if you go for the camo (non military pattern) version, it does not have a hood. The green and black versions have a hood.

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
Montane do a similar thing to the Arktis Stowaway called the Featherlight Smock. I've used one in the past and they're good. I personally use a Berghaus Inferno Windshirt. Excellent bit of kit, lightweight and packs away into its own chest pocket, however, I think they may have stopped producing them.

If your looking for a simple breathable gortex jacket that packs away to nothing i'd ecommend the North Face Paclite Stowaway. I tried one on in Tiso's the other day. Really light (it was a nice olive green colour too!) and small when stowed ....... down side is that its a bit costly.

miyakoboy

Aug 16, 2004
South Harting
buffalo do a great range of pertex jackets. i have a wind sheild one which has lasted for over 10 years and has travelled all around the world with me. Great for high winds etc but not good at all for wet weather.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
I wasn't sure if you meant waterproof jackets. If so:

There are loads available but they vary. I've got 'jack in a pack' from Millets - ok for short term use but it is not fully waterproof (non taped seams, no flap over zip :( )

Cumbria Trading Standards tested various cheap waterproofs and the only one which was really waterproof was the Craghoppers Pakka. List price is £45 but you can get them on ebay for about £25. I've ordered one and can let you know what it's like if you wish.. It is breathable (but not as breathable as goretex) and folds down into a small mesh bag. Weight about 400g I think.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE