Lightweight sleeping bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nipper

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 18, 2004
Wiltshire
With spring and summer just around the corner I have decided to buy a new sleeping bag.

I love my Nanok -10 but it is much to bulky to carry in my rucksack even in a compression sack.

Here is my dilema! IT NEEDS TO BE WARM AND PACK SMALL!!!

I am a cold mortal at the best of times, and I can think of nothing worse than waking up cold during the night. I have been looking at the Snugpak Softie 1 or the Snugpak Micro. They seem good but I am very wary of manufacturers claims regarding warmth. I would much rather buy on recommendation.

Both the Softie 1 and the micro pack down to 16cms by 16cms. Sounds perfect if its warm enough.

Has anyone used either of these bags or have any other ideas?.

Nick

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Hmmm...not sure I agree with down bags for summer use in UK. But, if you think you can keep it dry, can't be beaten for performance-to-weight ratio.

I have used the Softie Softie but not the one you mention. I found it to be fine - nothing special, but no issues with it either.

Might be worth a forum search to see if anyone's discussed it before.

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
As usual I'll vote for my RAB 400 quantum. Down filled, Pertex outer, tiny pack size, weighs sod all, warm as toast, costs a bomb. But, oh, sooo worth it.

...and if you're getting your sleeping bag wet, you're doing something wrong.. ;)

DSC00048small.jpg

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
Snugpack Softie Elite 3.....packs down to 19cm x 21cm...built in expander system and advertised as good for minus 5. Have to admit I use soldier 95 December/January but great for the rest of the year...

nipper

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Spacemonkey said:
As usual I'll vote for my RAB 400 quantum. Down filled, Pertex outer, tiny pack size, weighs sod all, warm as toast, costs a bomb. But, oh, sooo worth it.

...and if you're getting your sleeping bag wet, you're doing something wrong.. ;)

DSC00048small.jpg

Cheers Spacemonkey

Thanks for the scale piccys. That is certainly the size bag I am looking for. Any idea of price or supplier?

Nick

oldsoldier

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
MA
Hey! I happen to have an Easter Mountain Sports 35 degree bag that I'm looking to sell off. I thing it is a left hand zip (I'm a southpaw). PM me if interested!

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Valandre Mirage sleeping. 624g, very, very compressible, beautifully made. Worth every single penny. Their bags really are down sleeping bag heaven. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE