Lifesaver bottle cartridge filter hack.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Boucaneer

Forager
Dec 2, 2012
London
Yes, it's not done yet, but I am looking for people to participate in a lifesaver cartridge filter hack, just for survival purposes if we are stuck with out postal service, on a dessert island or the company lifesavers shuts down or gets bought out and closed.

Now, I know these replacment filter cartridges are not cheap, but if anyone has an old one that has used it 4000/6000 litre capacity then maybe you could donate your old non usable filter cartridge to me or have a go reusing and maybe replacing the Ultra filtration membrane or finding a way to clean the pores without making any bigger than 15 nanometers/0.015 microns.

Not to make us cheap and not buy a new filter, just in case we cannot order one or have one delivered.

Then maybe we can carry a field servicing/repair kit to extend the life of our filter cartridges if in case of an emergancy.

Anyone wishing to participate in this project then please do. I'm sure we can replicate the construction/placement of the U.F filtration membrane if we are unable to purchase one in an emergancy.

Well open to idea's and thoughts.

If there was a dirty bomb or any other disaster in an area the postman won't be knocking on your door delivering a parcel. Just a thought.

So if anyone has a used lifesaver bottle filter cartridge perhaps you could mail it to me if I pay the postage.

Like I said, if you would like to participate in this project/experiment then your welcome to join me.

Any comments are welcome.

Thank you.

Last edited:

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
If you look at any replaceable filter system, I'm always surprised at the cost! Seems about two thirds of the complete system. I've got a lifesavers bottle with additional filters, but to be fair, they are bulky compared to newer alternatives like the Sawyer, and whatever future tech evolves into!

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE