Life is Grand

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
21:58 It's a nice evening. I'm sitting in front of a nice little fire. Just had a good meal. 007 is sharpening my knife. Middle kid is whittling. Littlest is in the bushes somewhere behind me (thinking I don't know she's there!). Soldier girl is home on leave off indoors though (well she's been on exercise and is a bit tired of the great outdoors atm, which is understandable! :wink:) There's a blackbird making his goodnight chirps and I just saw a bat flit past. Had a great day out at the Amlwch Viking Festival. (Really enjoyed the lumberjack contest! - will upload some pics tomorrow...) And the billy is nearly boiled...

And by the wonders of wifi - BCUK too! What more could a girl possibly want?

I feel really really lucky! :-D

Brynglas

Kath,

I'm in similar reflective mood.

having just settled my week and a half old twin daughters, Megan and Lily down (for the next few hours at least!) I'm just about wondering where the last ten days have gone. Already I can hardly remember what life was like without them.

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Brynglas said:
Kath,

I'm in similar reflective mood.

having just settled my week and a half old twin daughters, Megan and Lily down (for the next few hours at least!) I'm just about wondering where the last ten days have gone. Already I can hardly remember what life was like without them.
Two baby girls - life is doubly grand! Congratulations Brynglas! :) Croeso i Megan a Lily!

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Yes, life can be pretty grand!

I had about 15 minutes yesterday morning, sitting on my chopping block under a large cedar tree. Blackbirds, robin and bluetits flitting about. Jenny wren ticking away at me because her nest is just behind me! Up in the cedar a pair of goldcrests, just a cute as you can imagine, picking around the branches, taking no notice of me whatsoever! From time to time hovering like humming birds to get a something they particularly want. Marvelous!

Then back to the real world!

Congratulations on those little girls Brynglas!

Dave

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Llongyfarchiadau Bryglas.

(I think the answer is 47, sounds better)

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Just been reading a Terry Pratchett to the family around the fire. Only read half a chapter before I looked up to find they're all fast asleep .. it's just so idyllic and peaceful. Thought I'd share it ... :wave:

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I havent read discworld! Was the answer 47 in discworld? I just think 47 sounds better than 42.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE