Lidl to sell Reindeer!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bluemerle

Nomad
Nov 6, 2010
Essex
Lidl are to sell Reindeer meat over the Christmas period, as part of their seasonal food range. What a brilliant marketing ploy, they are already getting free publicity from the do-gooders claiming it is cruel!! I cant wait to try it personally.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Apparently much richer - if you saw Hestons Christmas last year.

I hevan't had supermarket venison I like and love it fresh, wonder if this will be the same?

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Last time I had it, was venison but with a moister texture (but that could just be down to the skills of the chef). Well done Lidl, might get down there and pick some up.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Ikea have been selling reindeer salami for years without fuss
It's good too.
In related news, Rudolph (and all santas other reindeer) is a girl.

v-ness

Oct 9, 2010
on a hill in Scotland
Had it for Dinner last night :)

Its one of my favourite meats, moist and tender with a wonderful flavour!

Dont know what the big fuss is about though- whats so different to eating reindeer from other meats? Rudolph, timmy, chicken little and bambi all yummy, LOL :campfire:

Cheers
Ness :)

Chrisj

Nomad
Oct 14, 2009
Gwynedd
Even my vegetarian wife can't see what all the fuss is about. As she said what is the difference between eating beef and reindeer (or even cat and dog for that matter so long as it is reared for food and not someone's pet). If you are going to eat meat then it is a bit hypocritical being squeemish about certain animals just because they are some how cute. That's our view any way.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I presume it is "renskav", i.e. thing slices of meat? Presumably the antis are either on the "reindeer is the cute exotic beasts that pull Santa, you can't eat Rudolph" or using it as a good "entry drug" to veganism. In the first case they are ignoring the fact that a reindeer has lived its life out in the bush, and just got herded together for transport (and harvesting) every now and then. So much better on some levels than the cow or pig which has lived all its life in a farm.

v-ness

Oct 9, 2010
on a hill in Scotland
It was actually quite nice chuncks of meat.
Reindeer steak i think they called it, not sure where the cut was from but there were about 5 pieces in the pack, each about 2 cm thick and maybe 5cm by 8 cm square. It made a decent meal for the 2 adults and our 1 meat-eating anklebiter.
£5.99 per pack, in the frozen luxury section, with the christmas party stuff :p
Cheers
Ness :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE