lidl tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It's a handy size and perfect for keeping you dry. The plastic ones are just a bit noisy compared to nylon or cotton equivalents that's all. Nowt wrong with them anyway.

You might want to add a bit of shockcord or some rubber bands to the tie out points on the corners. They can get ragged about quite a lot in strong winds and the stretch helps to stop it from tearing.

You'll have to hang it over a ridgeline but it's no biggy really.

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland

kieran

Dec 10, 2009
ireland
Nice one. If I need some extra coverage I have a flecktarn poncho. There's going to be some rope on sale that day as well so might pick up some of that too.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I got one from Lidl or Aldi for a couple of quid last year or the one before. It was sold as a roof rack cover and is a simple square tarp with eyelets around its edge. It never got used until last summer when I left my groundsheet behind for my first tarp camp. Turns out it was a lot lighter than the ground sheet I own. I used it for a groundsheet but would work for a tarp as well.

Can't got wrong. Buy.

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland
Nice one. If I need some extra coverage I have a flecktarn poncho. There's going to be some rope on sale that day as well so might pick up some of that too.

I have a few tarps :eek: and to be honest I take the 3x2 for over a bivy bag. Its plenty big enough even to pull right down to the ground if its particularily grim. I might like a 3x2.5 if I came across one though:D.

I would personally only bring a 3x3 for a hammock because the extra height its set up at but I know plenty that like the extra space and I can see their point.

Take your time if you are buying gear, figure out what you need that works for you and search on here. There's lots of info on here but it can drain your wallet sometimes:rolleyes:

I see you are in Ireland, wherabouts?
Get youself signed up here http://www.irishbushcraftclub.org/index.php. The forum is quiet but there are monthly meets and you can see a good range of gear. We all use different stuff so you could get a good idea of what would suit your needs best.

Andrew

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
I bought one of those a few years ago for use as a tarp, had to cut it down, very lightweight, but noisy as a tarp, excelent as a groundsheet, and you get some nylon rope as well. bargain for the price. use it mosly to protet kit now

Al

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
ferry to ireland to visit lidl will be a lot more ;)

last time i bought poly tarps i had 15 6x4.5m ones, so the postage didnt really come into it

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland
ferry to ireland to visit lidl will be a lot more ;)

last time i bought poly tarps i had 15 6x4.5m ones, so the postage didnt really come into it

If you can get a ferry :rolleyes:

I only pointed out the postage because the OP was Irish and assumed he was looking to buy in Ireland.

Andrew

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE