Lidl Saw and Axe headsup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I don't rate their saws, I have a curved fixed blade that is utterly useless. The axe looks well worth a punt for £15, cheers.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I got a Lidl folding saw a few years ago, its no Laplander but for three quid you can't go wrong. For base camping your better off with a bow saw anyway.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I got a Lidl folding saw a few years ago, its no Laplander but for three quid you can't go wrong. For base camping your better off with a bow saw anyway.

The Laplanders are unimpressive too. Well, once you've had a Silky. ;)

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I know little about axes and folding saws but those Lidl ones look cheap and nasty. For £14.95 my local hardware store sells a nice looking axe. Hickory shaft, a decent weight and feel for hand axe. I bought my dad a Sandvik hand axe about 15+ years ago for £30. The hardware store, no name axe seems as good. Think I'd rather the hickory shaft axe over the Lidl fiberglass shaft. Check out your own local hardware store. You might find a little gem.

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
I have a Lidl saw and bought a couple more for the scouts. They do what say on the tin.
They cut wood and fold up.

There's a bow saw on their for £4.99 too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
The Laplanders are unimpressive too. Well, once you've had a Silky. ;)

the aldi folding saw in my opinion is not even worth the £2.99 on the other hand the laplander is very impressive for the price i have used one for years with very good results,I now use a trojan which is as good if not better than than the silky at half the price.

Feb 18, 2012
Bedfordshire
the aldi folding saw in my opinion is not even worth the £2.99 on the other hand the laplander is very impressive for the price i have used one for years with very good results,I now use a trojan which is as good if not better than than the silky at half the price.

Hi Woodstock. I have the Silky 170 which I only use on greenwood for gardening use, I like the look & price of the Trojan folders, are they ok with deadwood, I have the laplander too but was never very impressed with it.

Thanks

Jay

Sorry if I am derailing the thread.

Nomadliam

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2016
United Kingdom
I've got one of their folding saws from last year, it's still working well. Okay, It's not SUPER but it does cut wood as straight as you can control it.

I'm thinking about jumping to a silky foldable one soon.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Hi Woodstock. I have the Silky 170 which I only use on greenwood for gardening use, I like the look & price of the Trojan folders, are they ok with deadwood, I have the laplander too but was never very impressed with it.

Thanks

Jay

Sorry if I am derailing the thread.

I have two trojans both excellent I limbed a whole row of about 12 conifers with ease and the eat dead standing worth every penny and the co. has great customer service no quibble policy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE