Lidl Boots £17

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Reccon they may be a little warm as they are in the 'snow' offers :rolleyes:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Well worth looking at, Lidl do some good stuff from time to time, may not always be in 'bushcraft green' or have the right makers label, but still good non the less. This is the first year in about four, they did not sell their Trangia 'clone' , if they come up, buy one, they are super quality

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
I'll definitely second that - the trangia clone is superb. I think it was £4.99 when I got mine a couple of years ago.

saddle_tramp

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 13, 2008
West Cornwall
I'll definitely second that - the trangia clone is superb. I think it was £4.99 when I got mine a couple of years ago.

i'l 3rd that, you get the whole lidls cooker, pans, grip, burner, everything, for the price of a genuine trangia pan grip!

aldis are always worth a look too, few years ago in one of thier hiking specials, they had zip neck 100% merino shirts, muted colours, thumbloop cuffs and £7.99 a piece, i was at the door and cleaned them out of XL's by 9.05, but the other sizes were still there days later

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
In the summer, Aldi do (have done for a couple of years) a pan set, always at £6.99, two pans, frying pan lid and all in good quality non stick (the plastic pot grip is crap though, dump it), really WELL worth getting:)

reddy

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2007
Lancashire
Think I'll be nipping in to lidl this week aswell :)

I bought a huge backpacking rucksac from either Aldi or Lidl a few years ago for just £9.99, brilliant bit of kit, good design, durable materials, has never let me down.

Well worth looking at, Lidl do some good stuff from time to time, may not always be in 'bushcraft green' or have the right makers label, but still good non the less

I came across someone recently who had a sly dig at some items of my gear for not being 'proper' (eg have designer outdoor labels), even though this 'cheapo' gear has lasted years and gets used daily! :rolleyes:

Thanks for letting us know about the stuff Enzo :cool:

galopede

Forager
Dec 9, 2004
Gloucestershire
Has a look at these boots in one of the Gloucester Lidls while I was getting moggie food.

They are a bit like those Muck boots, with the main part of the boot in rubber with a bit of leather and Cordura around the ankle section. Fur lined.

Not a particularly solid sole unit but would be good for messing about in the winter wet and mud! Not for serious walking.

I'm tempted for the price. Might have another look when I pass tomorrow.

Gareth

Enzo

Tenderfoot
Oct 6, 2008
N,Lanarkshire
Got mine yesterday, took the dog a walk, was out most of the day
walking through wet, mucky fields and for the 1st time in a while
came home with dry toasty feet. (not to warm) just nice :)
will have to see how they last in the long run but for £17 i am happy

p.s__ got a snowboard top and socks also kept me nice and warm

luddy

Oct 27, 2008
SW
I got some of the Lidl boots - they were fine on mud and muck but positively lethal on wet pavements - extremely slippery!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I remember laughing at the cheekiness, when i saw this a few days ago.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRANGIA-TYPE-...286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:13|39:1|240:1318

Thats the lidls one that was in store recently for about 6 or 7 quid, a fiver when i bought mine! hope the buyer doesnt come on here :lmao:

They were not on sale this summer, but your right, they used to be £4.99 then went up to about 6 or 7.99. I bought a load for various stove projects, cracking bit of kit. Next summer look out for the non stick pans x 2 Aldi have sold the last few years, £6.99, high quality and fit the Lidl stove like they were made for them :)

Back on topic, the boots are OK, perhaps if they put the price up to £49.99 people here would buy them :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE