Lets see your teapots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gsfgaz

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
this do ?

5coffeecloseup.jpg

The stoves a Borde petrol stove from Switzerland running on Panel wipe and the coffee pot is an Italian Lavazza
cheers Danny

That look's like a fancy set up mate ... cool bear

jean baptiste

Tenderfoot
Hi Jean it was a few years ago brand new on E-bay and no one else bid
it was listed under motorcycle accessories and not under stoves
I only came across it by chance looking for some saddle bag/panniers for my bike and couldn't refuse :D

tank's i find one !! but his name is border bomb !!! before to buy i have to ask you you never have problems with it ?

sorry for the tread :D

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
100_2214.jpg

Wish I could say that my grandfather gave it to me on his deathbed, but it's brand new, (Oswald Bailey, about a tenner).

I've been meaning to get a pot for a LONG time, well just had a quick look on amazon and got one of these for £6.99.

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
tank's i find one !! but his name is border bomb !!! before to buy i have to ask you you never have problems with it ?

sorry for the tread :D

my apologies for thread side step as well just hope it's a bushcrafty enough reply :)
They've always been lovingly referred to as Borde bombs being full of petrol and red-hot with no pressure relief but after dozens of firings I've had no problems. my tips :- I use Panel Wipe as fuel, 3/4 fill the stove to allow for air expansion to pressurize it ,or at least open it then close before each use to allow some air in.
I screw open the star burner plate, which is threaded at the top and has a point at the other end which fits into a jet hole on the pipe coil, tip the stove till fuel comes out then screw it back shut then heat the coil pipe and burner plate with a cooks gas blow torch. I use one of these to prime light all my stoves. Photo of blowtorch in front of Coleman 1946 petrol stove again running on panel wipe
TopWithensbrewup.jpg

The cooks torch has a windproof turbo jet flame lights with a click of the button and burns at any angle and is good for Creme Brulee. After 10 to 15 seconds I screw open the burner plate a little to see if the fuel is burning as a gas under pressure and keep the torch on until it is, then adjust the flame to a steady blue with the hooked silver adjusting rod.
bordestove.jpg

The stove is sensitive to wind but the pan support acts as a wind shield
all in all one of my favorite stoves
cheers all Danny

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Photo of blowtorch in front of Coleman 1946 petrol stove again running on panel wipe
TopWithensbrewup.jpg

Nice Coleman 530.... They do chuck out a bit of heat....chuff all control though it's either on or off

DSCF2108.jpg

I'd like a Borde but they seem a bit of a faff to use TBH... Is your windscreen the original one??? I thought they had castellation on the edge??

Now what's this one.....

DSCF2246.jpg

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Hi Johnboy the stove was BNIB and thats the windshield/pot support it came with. Now whats this one ?????????????????????? Go on any clues. Is it on Panel Wipe :confused:
cheers Danny

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
Here's a collection from a recent canoe trip. Mine's the one on the left - I think it's a Zebra "tiffin can", basically a billy can and lid (not shown) with a handle and a spout. Very versatile

NS

12.jpg

andythecelt

Nomad
May 11, 2009
Planet Earth
That's the Zebra kettle, the tiffin set (also made by them) is a stacking set of stainless bowls with a clamp that holds the lot together. I have both, how sad is that?

Here's a collection from a recent canoe trip. Mine's the one on the left - I think it's a Zebra "tiffin can", basically a billy can and lid (not shown) with a handle and a spout. Very versatile

NS

12.jpg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Now, that's a Kettle:)

Any links to where you got that please?
Its a Swan cast iron 6 pint model Martin,

Sadly your best option is a Tardis followed by antique shops these days.

I developed a love of old cast iron many years ago...these days kettles particularly are a horrible price...mine is well battered with a reapired lid. A mint one would go for £60 -£100 I suspect

Looks nice on my "gypsy" tripod though :) Keeps hot all day tucked on the back of the Esse too - none of that "waiting for the kettle to boil" malarky!

Red

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Its a Swan cast iron 6 pint model Martin,

Sadly your best option is a Tardis followed by antique shops these days.

I developed a love of old cast iron many years ago...these days kettles particularly are a horrible price...mine is well battered with a reapired lid. A mint one would go for £60 -£100 I suspect

Looks nice on my "gypsy" tripod though :) Keeps hot all day tucked on the back of the Esse too - none of that "waiting for the kettle to boil" malarky!

Red

Thought as much:rolleyes: Never mind, will just have to keep my eyes open.

Thanks for the info:)

saddler

Forager
Jun 16, 2009
Haddington, Scotland
Bought a few of these as they were so cute.

Planned to sell a few on the 'net, but never found out much about them, so gave a lot away last Xmas as gifts

Brilliant little design, has a built in filter so you can use loose leaf: for a better brew!!

Got about 4 more in other colours that I may move on shortly...

tpod.jpg

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
Well Mine arrived last week, along with a Trangia burner an cheap stand.

Just after I lit it and then put it on the patio.

I like it, only 800ml so it boils quick and packs away small.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE