Let’s see your cook kits in use.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hodge

Forager
Aug 3, 2018
West Midlands
Following on from my trangia triangle cook set up. My lightweight brew kit consists of the white box stove and titanium mug to boil water in. I use a piece of foil as a lid. Would be grateful if any of you know where I could get a disc of titanium to fettle a lid?

Attachments

• IMG_20210202_140432.jpg
    IMG_20210202_140432.jpg
    644.3 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: crosslandkelly

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
If you tell us the diametre you need, we perhaps can tell you even where to get a titanium lid that should fit. I have seen somewhere such lids offered separately.
But I think you should open an own thread about it.

Reactions: SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc

Tenderfoot
Jan 26, 2021
WA, USA
Following on from my trangia triangle cook set up. My lightweight brew kit consists of the white box stove and titanium mug to boil water in. I use a piece of foil as a lid. Would be grateful if any of you know where I could get a disc of titanium to fettle a lid?
As just stated, knowing the diameter would help us put you onto an existing lid.

Toaks makes lids in 95mm, 115mm, 130mm, and 145mm.

My "handmade" lids are usually just from a steel cookie tin, or aluminum sheet. Being fairly small and thin, there isn't a great deal of weight difference.

henchy3rd

Settler
Apr 16, 2012
Derby
yeah I use instant as well As I am Lazy, but I do love real coffee, and short of taking a French press everywhere or spending more than I feel comfortable with I haven’t found a good way to make a decent drip coffee in the woods yet!
Have you thought about an aluminium Italian mocha pot, use corse ground coffee as its far more better?

henchy3rd

Settler
Apr 16, 2012
Derby
JkLmdX9.mp4
That’s just mesmerising,I could watch it all day.

henchy3rd

Settler
Apr 16, 2012
Derby
yeah i have and I have one, I use it at home as well, just was trying to find something more convenient to carry etc.
The mocha pot is ace though :)
Mines completely sooted up on the outside, I think it ads to the flavour.
stuff bits a bobs inside to stop it rattling in your sack.

Reactions: MrEd

eraaij

Settler
Feb 18, 2004
Arnhem
Hobo stove I still have one in the shed never used it out in the field though

It's pretty much always with me on these sort of trips. The commercial ones might be a bit better, but this one is as cheap as can be and it works fine. On this hike it was used almost every day.

Reactions: richos36

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Why don't you clean up the ground surface a bit before you start a fire?

Aren't you afraid of forest fires?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE