"Legendary Beast" found in Maine / Wolf-dog Hybrid

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I have heard about this "beast" for years. Pit Bulls and German Shepards have been reported to "disappear" do to this animal over the years......It sounds like something out of a Stephen King story.

Interesting story with pictures. I thought you might be interested.

Images of Mutant

Legendary Beast found Dead

One of the reasons why many of us up here in Maine carry handguns or rifles with us out into the deep woods.......mostly due to the huge Black Bear population and rabid animals.

I always thought the "beast" was just a tale made up by the local hunters as a joke.

Black bears, wolves, coyotes, fishers, bobcats........there always seems to be something lurking around in the woods here in Maine.

I wonder if there are more of these? It does not look that big to me.

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
It all goes to show no good will come from the unholy union
twixt wolf and Chow Chow.

c13.jpg

Oh yeah - NOW I'm afraid.

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
If this were a movie, this would be the part where they zoom in on a bunch of evil baby-mutant-legendary-monster pups feasting on a bear.... :eek:
Ahem! Sorry, got caught up in the moment.

Interesting story, nonetheless. I guess all we can do is wait and see if anything else gets attacked...

Draven said:
If this were a movie, this would be the part where they zoom in on a bunch of evil baby-mutant-legendary-monster pups feasting on a bear.... :eek:
Ahem! Sorry, got caught up in the moment.

Interesting story, nonetheless. I guess all we can do is wait and see if anything else gets attacked...

"........residents across Androscoggin County have reported seeing and hearing a mysterious animal with chilling monstrous cries and eyes that glow in the night. The animal has been blamed for attacking and killing a Doberman pinscher and a Rottweiler the past couple of years."

This is the quote that got me.

Bisamratte

Nomad
Jun 11, 2006
Karben
Ridge Runner said:
I always thought the "beast" was just a tale made up by the local hunters as a joke.

Black bears, wolves, coyotes, fishers, bobcats........there always seems to be something lurking around in the woods here in Maine.

I wonder if there are more of these? It does not look that big to me.

There may be more, one of the articles said

"After reviewing photos of the carcass, Coleman said he was bothered by the animal's ears and snout. It reminded him of a case years ago in northern Maine in which an animal shot by a hunter could not be identified."

That may be two dead but where did they come from and can they breed?

Dogs have more than one offspring so they may be related or it could be the start of a new breed.

I think its more likely to be the offspring from one cross breeding though.

Just my thoughts

Andy

Ice Tigre

Nov 30, 2005
Alaska, USA
We have lots of wolf dog mixes up here, some people breed wolf in on purpose if possible, for dog sled teams. A friend of mine has one that is at least 75 lbs, and big. Friendliest k9 I've ever met. that thing looks like a chow mix.

G.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
The head on that thing is a very bizaare looking thing, wouldn't really want to run in to it on a dark night.

What amazes me, is the fact that one 'expert' said it was some kind of goat hybrid :lmao:

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
When researching these stories do the news reporters allways ask the room temparature IQ hillbillies :confused:

"Michelle O'Donnell of Turner spotted the animal near her yard about a week before it was killed. She called it a "hybrid mutant of something."

"It was evil, evil looking. And it had a horrible stench I will never forget," she told the Sun Journal of Lewiston. "We locked eyes for a few seconds and then it took off. I've lived in Maine my whole life and I've never seen anything like it."

Jeez, it's a wonder none of them thought it was the offspring of an alien and a chicken, a dog and a cat, they seem to have covered all the rest of the permutations ;)

Anyway, as it was in Maine doesn't anyone recognise its just Cujo :confused:

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
And it had a horrible stench I will never forget,"
don't dogs smell anyway, especially if they're dead? :lmao:

also there are these dog related creatures called:

mongrel  –noun
1. a dog of mixed or indeterminate breed.
2. any animal or plant resulting from the crossing of different breeds or varieties.
3. any cross between different things, esp. if inharmonious or indiscriminate.
–adjective 4. of mixed breed, nature, or origin; of or like a mongrel.
;)

just face it it's a dog! :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE