Leenders Faltovn - anyone got one or able to comment on it?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
What is the use for it?
It looks like a scaled down version of a generic mil tent oven.

It should be mentined that it is a Dutch product, not a Finno Scsndinavian!

May 12, 2017
England
Hello Janne, many thanks for your reply. I am looking at stoves for a Tentipi (Safir 9). It is for cooking, heating, drying. I have not heard of a generic mil tent oven. So I looked it up, and yes you are right it does look like one of those! The nearest thing I've seen before are the Four Dog stoves.

Yes the Faltovn is Dutch, made by a stove company there. I like the glass window in it amongst other things (such as the light weight, and build quality).

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
The quality / manufacturing seems too notch. The weight tells us it is solid, and will give years of service.
Of course, the weight also makes it semi carryable.

Do not misunderstand me about the 'generic mil design', that design has been tried and tested over many, many decades to be superior for field use! A goid design!

What I meant with the Scandi letters - å ö ä - is that they are used to make a product more interesting, cool, snd so on.

BushBob

Tenderfoot
Nov 24, 2013
East Mids
Janinet,

I've had one for about two years now. My wife bought it me for my birthday.

I've only ever used it for cooking. It is effective at this. The intensity of the fire is controlled by raising and lowering the glass window. There is also a baffle plate inside which slides back and forth. Using the two in tandem allows quite precise control over the fire.

The stove burns fuel quite efficiently. However, it isn't in the same league as a fully sealed domestic wood burner in a house. The fire stays in for about five or six hours if you build it up and then shut it down. However, it will be putting out very little heat after six hours.

The only thing that puts me off the stove is the price. They are extortionate compared with the Frontier stoves and other similar ones. They are well built but I'm not convinced they that much better built than the Frontiers etc.

Cheers,

Bob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE