(Leatherwork) Laplander Sheath, Firestarter and Tinder Pouch and Oyster Card Holders

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Emdiesse

Settler
Jan 9, 2005
Surrey, UK
Last weekend I put a big effort into churning out some new leather projects. My laplander saw doesn’t have it’s own sheath and that has been on the cards for a while (as with a sheath for my Mora knife but I haven’t got round to designing my ideal mora sheath yet). Also something that I felt necessary after some very unsuccessful fire starting attempts because of all this rain was a tinder pouch that I can carry my ferrocerium rod (I’d like a traditional fire steel at some point that’d be interesting, or even some pyrite for an even more primordial approach!) and some nice dry tinder!

Then I was on the tube the other day coming back from watching War Horse (the show, not the film) with my girlfriend and thought that a couple of oyster card holders were on the cards too since our plastic free ones are tatty and getting broken. War Horse was an amazing show by the way, very heartfelt. The horses are incredible, the actors moving the horses really capture the movement of horses well and that is only built further upon by the amazing mechanics behind the horses. You can see all the parts of the horses moving with a great deal of intricacy and after a while you begin to forget there are people there, that the horse is mechanical and you begin to look at the horses as if they are real. Great show!

Last edited:

Emdiesse

Settler
Jan 9, 2005
Surrey, UK
I've been looking at dyes recently and was planning on doing an order from Leprevo... but when you start adding all the finishes up that would be nice to acquire you realise it starts to get expensive :p. Although it's too easy to get carried away on there. I do want to eventually get some dyes and experiment with colour however these I think i'll leave tan because I like the natural look of it and it matches my belt :).

I think I'll probably get some black dye at some point and start by making myself a nice belt I can wear with formal attire! Nice and simple introduction to dying maybe!

Emdiesse

Settler
Jan 9, 2005
Surrey, UK
Cheers guys.

The tinder pouch was my own design, wasn't quite sure how to sew on a 90 degree angle, but I just got on with it and did it the same way as the other seams!

I also put a belt loop on it so you can wear it on your belt

IMG_3931-300x200.jpg

As for my little war horse review, I basically blogged this, and then copied and pasted it onto this site because otherwise no one would ever see it and I felt on the blog it seemed wrong not to mention my views on the show :) Wasn't intending to be a review, but I enjoyed the show all the same :)

However, yeah. This was supposed to be to show what I have been up to and receive some feedback and critique :D

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE